Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2009, 04:43 AM
    MS Word 2002: File name in footer by default
    I see I can add the file name to the footer of a Word Doc... but I'd like to have this set as a default for all Word Documents.

How do I do that?

And additionally, I'd like to "apply" this feature to all existing Word Documents. Is that possible too?

Thanks! :)
    Bhaskar P U Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Jul 23, 2009, 05:05 AM

Hello, you need to create a template. Create the document you want to base every new document on.

From the File menu, Save As, File type= Template *.dot,

You will automatically be taken to the templates folder of your machine.

To create a new document using the template go to the File menu, New... and select the document you just created.

You might find you will do it a few times until it is exactly the way you want it. Just save with the same name and file type each time.

Templates are a good thing.

For more information on Templates go to Word Help.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2009, 05:13 AM
    Yep, he's right, that what's my research tells me too.

Here's some reading for you: How to change the default settings for Word documents

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clipboard malfunction in MS Word 97 , 2002. [ 1 Answers ]

While copying from Ms word 97 or Ms word 2002 (XP) we cannot copy in clipboard, though Clipboard copy and paste functions are all right with all other applications. It can copy from one MS word Version to another version and vice versa but the same Cannot be copied to any other application. ...

Customized footer style in Word 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

Word 2007 has a series of customized footer styles when you select to insert a footer. The 3rd one down, title alphabet, has a horizontal double line of sorts. My question is two-fold. First, is there a way to use that footer but change the color of the horizontal lines? (I tried to right...

MS Word 2002 can't see PS fonts? [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure exactly what has happened, but my Word app cannot see Postcript fonts installed in the Windows/Fonts directory. I'm pretty sure I've used this font before in documents on this machine, but now cannot select one. Any suggestions? Thanks.

MS Word (2002) Template [ 8 Answers ]

I use a Template (.dot file) for apartment leases where I just fill in the blanks (sample file attached if needed). I have to click on each blank space before typing in it. I'd love to tab to them instead. Is this possible in Word? Thanks!

View more questions Search