Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghermel08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 02:16 AM
    Electrical schedule
    What is the formula for the electrical load for single phase electrical layout for the formal architectural plan..?.

Can you give me the exact formula?. thanks...
    gopalakrishnan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 04:14 AM

VI cos(phy)
    ghermel08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 04:36 AM
    Can you explain further your formul vI cos(phy)/... thanks
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2009, 05:15 AM

I am an electrician, and I am not sure what one formula there is to help you, let alone the formula that was provided.

VI because should get your power factor, not sure how that will be helpful.

Perhaps if you start by reviewing Article 220 of the NFPA 70 National Electric Code may help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...ne-270277.html
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2009, 07:19 AM

Actually cos(phy) or cos(theta) is the power factor. It has a maximum value of 1.

Power = voltage * Current * cos(theta) where voltage and current waveforms are periodic with different amplitudes. Theta is the phase angle between these two voltages. Inductive loads, such as motors, cause this phase angle to change and in commercial situations, the power company charges more for your electricity when the PF is not nearly 1. There are ways to power factor correct with capacitors.

I don't think the info is relevant, except to clear up the post.

Power = V * I for resistive loads; cos(0) = 1

Power = V * I * cos(theta) for loads where v(t) and I(t) have the same shape and only their rms value is different.

A high power factor requires transformers to be oversized for the loads and that's why the utility gets upset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are schedule 40 and schedule 80 pipes as used on ships [ 1 Answers ]

What are schedule 40 and schedule 80 pipes as used on ships.difference in the pvc type and the steel type?

Schedule 40 & Schedule 80 Pipe? [ 1 Answers ]

I am curious what the difference is between Schedule 40 & 80 pipe? And where/when is it used? Also if someone could also help me regarding Class 200 & Class 315 pipe, and Solvent Weld pipe I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Schedule A Deductions and Schedule C - No AGI [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a sole proprietor (an electrician) and after finishing schedule c I basically had very little profit to report from the business. With no other Adj Gross Inc, I started to figure my itemized deductions, but with no Adj Gross Inc, how can I best use my itemized deductions? Thanks,

View more questions Search