Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 23, 2009, 02:29 PM

Aw, Inertia, you make me feel all fuzzy inside. :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 23, 2009, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chetatkinsLA View Post
    TO me the overall tone of the message is very cold...sincere, honest, yes..but COLD as ice. Maybe thatīs just me!

To me having somebody that was my "all" telling me to find happiness in somebody elseīs arms...doesnīt make any sense. I even think itīs just a passphrase you use to make the other person feel better..I donīt think she really wants that..but again, maybe thatīs just me! My ex said exactly the SAME things and I would never have considered it a nice answer. If she cared for me, she would have taken a bit longer in redoing her life, she would have listened to me when I was f-ed up...instead of ignoring me and blowing me off. I guess maybe for you guys thats the "correct" way to do it, but I hate her so much for doing that you can't imagine. AGain, if I breakup with somebody, I would NEVER act so cold.
    What would you do then? Would you say "let's be friends, I still love you, I care about you, I wish we could work it out"?

That's not helpful at all. She wasn't cold, she was honest, if that hurts then maybe that's what's needed for him to move on.

As for the "redoing her life" and listen when you were f-ed up, she was your ex, you were no longer her responsibility. What was she supposed to do? Hold your hand? That's no longer her job, if it ever was to begin with.

They call it no contact for a reason.
    inertia Posts: 308, Reputation: 60

Jul 23, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid13 View Post
    Aw, Inertia, you make me feel all fuzzy inside. :)
    Antibiotics will clear that right up.
    chetatkinsLA Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2009, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    What would you do then? Would you say "let's be friends, I still love you, I care about you, I wish we could work it out"?

That's not helpful at all. She wasn't cold, she was honest, if that hurts then maybe that's what's needed for him to move on.

As for the "redoing her life" and listen when you were f-ed up, she was your ex, you were no longer her responsibility. What was she supposed to do? Hold your hand? That's no longer her job, if it ever was to begin with.

We are not going to agree on this... so let it be :) I donīt act like that when I dump a girl. It hurts a lot to see how somebody that loves you suddenly doesn't want to see you ever again. It's a process, and it has to go with time.. I don't think people should move on THAT quickly like a lot of people do. But if that's the correct thing, next time I dump a girl, Iīll just do that... that way she can hate me forever for erasing her and skipping to another girl, like if nothing had happened between us and whatever we had didn't mean a crap. Iīm sure she "loves" that :)

And although I was not her "responsibility" anymore.. I believe in forgiving and being KIND to people (even more when a LOVELY relationship has happened in between those 2 persons)... and just for that I would allow to talk with a girl I just dumped... if that makes her feel better. Acting like you don't know someone isnīt nice at all, In my opinion!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 23, 2009, 05:11 PM
    We are not gonna agree on this...so let it be :) I donīt act like that when I dump a girl. It hurts a lot to see how somebody that loves you suddenly doesnt want to see you ever again. Its a process, and it has to go with time..I dont think people should move on THAT quickly like a lot of people do. But if thats the correct thing, next time I dump a girl, Iīll just do that...that way she can hate me forever for erasing her and skipping to another girl, like if nothing had happened between us and whatever we had didnt mean a crap. Iīm sure she "loves" that :)

And although I was not her "responsibility" anymore..I believe in forgiving and being KIND to people (even more when a LOVELY relationship has happened in between those 2 persons)...and just for that I would allow to talk with a girl I just dumped...if that makes her feel better. Acting like you dont know someone isnīt nice at all, IMHO!
    You're right, we won't agree, but I won't let it be, because you didn't.

The fact is that most people have to cut their ex out of their lives in order to move on. You, as the ex, don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

Not all exes can be friends, not all exes can talk after a break up. There's a reason that no contact is recommended after breaking up, because it works.

Everyone handles a breakup differently. Obviously your ex wanted you out of her life and wanted to cut all ties, you're only angry because that's not what you wanted, but you can't always get what you want.

How you treat future breakups is up to you, not me.

I can tell that this breakup of yours is recent and you're still not over it, for that I'm sorry, but being upset at the girl because she doesn't want contact with you and she's moved on, that's not fair, In my opinion!
    wutangpaul Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2009, 05:59 PM

Thanks guys, just reading this makes me feel like I'm definitely not alone... I think she did do it the best way she could have. Too me, it seems a bit quick. But maybe that's because I'm in this position. Maybe its easier for her to fall for someone quickly so she doesn't have to feel much pain from the breakup. I am not sure, all I know is the love we had, and I am really trying to see what we had and the great times we spent together. I should have known better not to give in to her attempt to communicate with me, because by doing so, I found out some bad news. And it only tore things wide open for me. I have better experience now, and know for the future to avoid contact at all costs.

Jul 23, 2009, 06:00 PM

You guys are intense haha, relax!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 06:17 PM

I am going to agree with Alty, it took me FOUR years to finally talk to my ex that broke my heart and put it through a blender. My latest ex I went 5 months without talking to her and we worked together, and to this day we rarely talk. Just recently we ended up at the same bar, one seat away from each other, and not even a word was spoken to each other.

She wrote me a letter, a really nice heart felt letter, which I still have as motivation for the gym. I'd much rather have left things at "I think we should break up" rather than a letter telling me how great I was but that we still need to break up
    chetatkinsLA Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2009, 08:22 PM
    You're right, we won't agree, but I won't let it be, because you didn't.

The fact is that most people have to cut their ex out of their lives in order to move on. You, as the ex, don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

Not all exes can be friends, not all exes can talk after a break up. There's a reason that no contact is recommended after breaking up, because it works.

Everyone handles a breakup differently. Obviously your ex wanted you out of her life and wanted to cut all ties, you're only angry because that's not what you wanted, but you can't always get what you want.

How you treat future breakups is up to you, not me.

I can tell that this breakup of yours is recent and you're still not over it, for that I'm sorry, but being upset at the girl because she doesn't want contact with you and she's moved on, that's not fair, IMHO!
    Agree, except with:

My ex didn't see us working together cause we werenīt compatible... I understand that, and I accept it. The problem I have with her is HOW she dealt with it (or should I say, how she DIDNīt want to deal with it). Once you realise that something is not working you talk things like grown ups. She acted just the way you guys say is correct to act in these situations and to me it sounds SO selfish and SO inmature. I got all those same things that wutangpaul got. The thing is I don't think that's the correct way to do it. I am ALL for honesty, but there is a factor in relationships that make us human and not machines: CARE, KINDNESS. If you have loved a person you still have to have some GOOD Intentions towards that person, and HELPING that person should be a good thing to do. And NO, Iīm not referring to... " I want you to know that I have moved on already, and you have to redo your life without me". NO! That SUCKS! The fact that somebody is not your "responsibility" anymore, doesnīt mean you can piss all over her/him! Respect is VERY important.

The overall problem I see here is that people donīt know how to be ALONE. The fact that a girl (or guy) breaks-up with a guy, and two months later, has a new one, makes me mad! I don't do that! If I REALLY love someone, it takes time to deattach from that person, and 2, 3 or 5 months TO ME is not enough. My opinion is that these kind of girls (or guys) who do this have a REAL problem being alone and what they do is this... "boyfriend hopping".

And yes, I think Iīm kind of over my ex (its been 5 months and I don't give a crap about her or what's she doing)... but if being over her means FORGIVING her for how she has acted, and saying that she has done the best thing for me... well, yeah, maybe I'm NOT over her. I have passed from loving her to hating her in a real short period... I have had 5 GFs in my life and I have ended up in good terms with all of them, except this one. I don't think she has even tried to make things right. Sheīs just one of those girls I see all the time in this forum (they don't write, people just write about them since they are the breakers) that try with a guy... if it works, cool, if not, just erase him ,and try a different one.. like if it was a game and nothing had happened. To me, I'm sorry, but this is COLD. Maybe I'm a romantic, but I think when love has been for a while in a place, it should be difficult to get rid of it...

Anyway, I donīt want to screw the thread anymore, Iīm glad that wutangpaul has realised all the good stuff he has, and Iīm happy for him that he has learned his lesson. Good luck to you, man!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2009, 08:48 PM
    Sometimes its best to stifle impulses, and leave well enough alone.
    COCADA Posts: 65, Reputation: 8

Jul 23, 2009, 10:46 PM
    Agree, except with:

And yes, I think Iīm kinda over my ex (its been 5 months and I dont give a crap about her or whats she doing)...but if being over her means FORGIVING her for how she has acted, and saying that she has done the best thing for me...well, yeah, maybe im NOT over her. I have passed from loving her to hating her in a real short period of time...I have had 5 GFs in my life and I have ended up in good terms with all of them, except this one. I dont think she has even tried to make things right. Sheīs just one of those girls I see all the time in this forum (they dont write, people just write about them since they are the breakers) that try with a guy...if it works, cool, if not, just erase him ,and try a different one..like if it was a game and nothing had happened. To me, im sorry, but this is COLD. Maybe im a romantic, but I think when love has been for a while in a place, it should be difficult to get rid of it...

!

OOhhh reading this made me cry, I am crying my heart out rite now, my ex broke up with me around 5 months ago and I'm still not over him, I still get so emotional when I read some of these threads, maybe because I feel identified with some of them for what happened to me, sometimes I feel like he just played with me, I feel used and betrayed, how cam someone that supposly really loved you just break up with you out of the blue, over the phone, showing you how he didn't cared about you. I feel like I got stabbed in the back by my best friend, my companion, my lover. How can you go from loving one person so damn much to hating him with all your soul? How messed up is that. And I also hated that after the break up he kept saying that through his eyes I was still perfect.. but even though he said that he didn't want to be with me, that hurt me so much, and it made me hate him even more. I just want the pain to go away. I hated how he was so cool right away and I've been feeling like crap all this time.

Jul 23, 2009, 11:12 PM

Yeah, its hard to believe. I just don't know how people can flip a switch and be on to the next person like the last 2 years are gone and meant nothing. I guess some people deal with things different than others and that's why we come to these forums because we want to know why? I mean obviously it means you have to look at yourself because you weren't meeting the needs or what not, but why not sit down like people and talk about it. I guess the easy way is just to move on quickly and try to forget about the feelings. I gave her the time and space and understanding that she wanted 4 weeks ago, and the meanwhile she was pursuing somebody else.I know Im not over her, and I'm fine admitting that. So I broke NC , yep, and it backfired on me so quick my head is still spinning. The only thing left to do is move forward.. so much easier said than done.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 11:43 PM

I think she did it very respectfully , unlike a lot of the stories we hear on here.
    xdarkninja Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Jul 24, 2009, 05:39 AM

As one of my friends told me, "I didn't choose to let go, I just choose to not care anymore." It's a good way to live by... you don't have to give up or move on, just don't care what happened because at one point of life, she'll regret all the mistakes she's made, cause sometimes grass isn't greener on the other side and people don't realize that until they jumped into another relationship... realizing that guy might be all that but no relationship is perfect. First one or 2 months will be like ALL PERFECT cause it's fresh but than after that... only time can tell and if you just don't care much about what happened than when she comes back to you (if she does) than you got the upper hand to do what you need to do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 05:42 AM
    Of course exes who dump us can seem to move on quickly. That's because they have detached themselves emotionally before the break up, while you go into shock when you find out the truth. Happens to us all.

Some people have trouble letting go. That's okay too, but it takes time to get over all the emotions and feelings.

Until you experience dumping someone, for whatever reason, you'll never know how she feels, and why.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xdarkninja View Post
    As one of my friends told me, "I didn't choose to let go, I just choose to not care anymore." It's a good way to live by...
    I take issue with this a bit. I think that as life goes on you eventually learn to "let go." I would find it hard to not care about something that I still hold on to. Break ups happen, and trying to keep the attitude that "they will come back; they will realize their mistakes" blah, blah blah, is just another way of holding on. Who does that help? The point I am making is that people's feelings change, and to the dumpee yes it sucks but that doesn't mean you vilify the person who dumped you... of course, with time, you eventually see that.
    xdarkninja Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Jul 24, 2009, 04:41 PM

Im not trying to flame it or have a debate, but I personally believe it's rather both persons fault, the breaker and breakee. But the fact the main thing is to understand the reason why it happened. Everything happens for a reason with a cause and effect. No one knows what's going to happen tomorrow or the day after... and so on. I'm not saying to carry on the hope or realize they're mistake because who knows what's going to happen. KC is right, people's feeling do change but if it's "true love" that will never change... sometimes just taking a break will strengthen up the relationship again if it does happen again. If not, than it was never meant to be but the next person in line would be better than the last. Just like what they say, "dont plan things because when you plan things 99.9% of the time it wont work." So don't plan, just make goal's and keep living life cause no one knows what might happen tomorrow. One day things might be the end of the world but the next it's like another beautiful day. You're only your own happiness, she doesn't make you happy. It's when you are together that's when you two share the happiness. But either way... at the end, it's who you have always been happy with or without her. So just keep living it up and making every moment worth it. And that's how I got through my tough break even though I'm the breaker... well she broke up first than got back with me and I couldn't stand the coldness so I Broke it off with her, but it's due to the fact of summer class (college) starting, grandfather passed away, long distance, and she liking another guy that's just like me and wanting "experience" (Not that way)... but w/e. So either way something we break up with someone we truly love is for others sake or for a reason that no one really knows and she is really honest with you so I believe that took a lot of courage to face and speak out. Got to give her some credit for that part and yea it hurts to hear all those things but keep your head up high cause if it's "true love" than she'll come back, if not... just don't worry about it. The next one will be better than the last with or without her.

Sorry if its confuzzled.. I just got out of a 9 hour work shift and bombed out -_-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has this happened to you? [ 2 Answers ]

So my friend told me this guy told her he liked me. But once I showed interest he just disappeared. Has this happened to anyone? Was it just for the chase/mystery? Maybe he met someone else? ??

Has this happened to anyone? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a 24 yr old female and I had unprotected sex on Wednesday 4th 2007 and I was becoming fertile on Friday 6th 2007 and was ovulating on 9th April 2007. Has this happened to anyone else and had gotten pregnant on a unfertile day? My cycle is thirty five days. I have been off the pill for nine...

What Has happened to my dog [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new here, I have two puppies and one of them which is about 9 months old use to be eating so fast that it probably takes him about half a minute to finish his food but lately he's been eating really slow, about 1 and a half minute? I'm not sure what's wrong with him but I'm really worried....

What happened? [ 4 Answers ]

What happened to Valinorsorrow?

View more questions Search