Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wutangpaul Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2009, 01:05 AM
    So I broke NC and this is what happened.
    Well it happened, I broke NC
    Guys I don't even know where to begin, I just am a ing mess right now.
    This is what she told me:

Because I've met somebody who I'm kind of seeing and I wanted to be the one to tell you and not have you have to find out through somebody else
    So you that's all I have to tell you
    I'm sorry... I hope you find everything we had and more with somebody, I did want that person to be you but we're just not right for each other
    And that's just life, I hope you're okay
    Don't hate me, I'm happy and I wasn't looking to move on with someone else it just happened that way, when I least expected it. I'm not doing it to spite you or for any other reason than I', happy. I just needed to tell you because I didn't want you to find out from someone else anyway I won't contact you you can contact me if you need or want to talk, I want to be mature about this and I understand
    How hard it must be and for that I'm really sorry because I care about you
    Goodnight

I guess I deserved it, I broke the NC rule, I just had a really bad day I needed to talk to my best friend and this is the outcome.
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

Jul 23, 2009, 01:28 AM

It's a tragedy that you've broken NC just to find this out. All you can do now is stay away, and I highly recommend it. She will keep you in a state where you're not happy, so move away from her and try to move on.

NC is hard, but it gets easier in time. Good luck buddy.
    chetatkinsLA Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2009, 03:36 AM
    Man... that mail could have totally been written by my ex! Same cold tone all around! I hate people like that! When I break up with somebody I try to be a bit nicer. We go from being the best thing in their world to having the flu or a bad disease and they don't even want to see us. These guys/girls SUCK!

Its done man... move on. Now STICK to NC totally and don't even bother what sheīs doing! Redo your life and be happy without her. Difficult to believe right now, but its better that way... I feel your pain!
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Jul 23, 2009, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chetatkinsLA View Post
    man...that mail could have totally been written by my ex! Same cold tone all around! I hate people like that! When I break up with somebody I try to be a bit nicer. We go from being the best thing in their world to having the flu or a bad disease and they dont even wanna see us. These guys/girls SUCK!

Its done man...move on. now STICK to NC totally and dont even bother what sheīs doin! Redo your life and be happy without her. Difficult to believe right now, but its better that way...I feel your pain!
    I don't see how she was cold. He broke NC and she nicely told him that she's seeing somebody and how sorry she is that he's unhappy, because she cares for him. Further, she wishes him future happiness with somebody else.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 05:41 AM

Lesson learned... move on and find other avenues of release.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Now that you've seen how devastating it can be to break NC, hopefully it will deter you from doing it again.

Get out there with your friends and have fun.
    inertia Posts: 308, Reputation: 60

Jul 23, 2009, 08:00 AM

All in all, that's a pretty fair response from her. She is trying to be as sensitive to your feelings as she can be without leading you on. Everyone is right, you need to absolutely move on. At least she obviously still cares about you. You can walk away from this knowing that your ex still respects you. That's huge. Keep it by respecting her and staying away and moving on.

Trust me, it could be so much uglier. There's no room for games, misinterpretation or lies here. She obviously has a soft spot for you so let her remember you fondly and don't bother her anymore. As far as break ups go, this is about as good as it gets.

Jul 23, 2009, 08:48 AM

I hear you guys, moving on was something I felt pretty good about, and I was doing well, NC for a month.she texted but I shouldn't have texted back. Lesson definitely learned.
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Jul 23, 2009, 09:00 AM
    Nc?

Jul 23, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly23 View Post
    nc?
    No contact
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 09:59 AM

Sounds just like what my ex told me last year. I've found out things awhile back about her that I didn't want to know, so I know how you feel. Just get back on the NC wagon and get distracted with something fun.
    chetatkinsLA Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren6 View Post
    I don't see how she was cold. He broke NC and she nicely told him that she's seeing somebody and how sorry she is that he's unhappy, because she cares for him. Further, she wishes him future happiness with somebody else.
    TO me the overall tone of the message is very cold... sincere, honest, yes.. but COLD as ice. Maybe thatīs just me!

To me having somebody that was my "all" telling me to find happiness in somebody elseīs arms... doesnīt make any sense. I even think itīs just a passphrase you use to make the other person feel better.. I donīt think she really wants that.. but again, maybe thatīs just me! My ex said exactly the SAME things and I would never have considered it a nice answer. If she cared for me, she would have taken a bit longer in redoing her life, she would have listened to me when I was f-ed up... instead of ignoring me and blowing me off. I guess maybe for you guys that's the "correct" way to do it, but I hate her so much for doing that you can't imagine. AGain, if I breakup with somebody, I would NEVER act so cold.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 23, 2009, 01:22 PM

There's always pros and cons to everything:

Cons:

1) You did break the rules and probably feel a lot more pain by finding out that there was another guy

Pros:

1) She's right that it's better to find out from her than from someone else, because it means that she was honest with you

I can tell you from first hand experience that it sucks to find out from someone else, because it will feel that your ex lied to you the entire time by keeping such a big secret (but even this type of situation has its debatable pros and cons)

2) At least now you know she kept the door open to a friendship in the future, but don't attempt a friendship unless you're completely over her

3) Now that she put the nail in the coffin, you can finally move on, no more doubts or "what ifs" on your mind

-- I would say that the pros outweigh the cons. So keep your head up. It's not that bad.

Jul 23, 2009, 01:23 PM

What are your options though? If you called off a relationship and happened to meet someone shortly thereafter, how would you react to the ex? It's not a race to get over someone. Trust me man, it could be so much worse than this. Would you rather be lead on until they met someone? What would you think of them if they still gave you so much time while they were with someone else? I'd be disgusted and I would wonder if they did that while they were dating me. At least she isn't dating someone to spite him, that hurts a lot worse. She wants him to find happiness because she cares about him and doesn't want him to pine over her. That shows more love and respect than leading him on (just in case).

Jul 23, 2009, 01:28 PM
    It certainly hurts to know your ex has found someone else, but if they do it and they still treat you with respect, there is no reason to hate them. Mourn them, but at least you don't have to question their integrity. My ex dated my friend a week after we broke up. I found out through her best friend. The entire relationship became a huge "what happened?" "did she cheat?" etc.

I'd rather know an honest caring person fell out of love than a spiteful, insecure and manipulative person wanted to hurt me.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 23, 2009, 01:35 PM

I'm sorry you're in pain. That's why NC is the best way: it avoids a lot of pain. But you've learned your lesson, and I hope you keep this in mind for the future.

But the other posters are right: it could have been a lot worse. She could have told you off and been very hateful. But she handled it with a lot of care, and with your feelings in mind.

I'm sorry you hurt; broken hearts are cruel. But now's the time to put on the big boy pants and shoes, and walk away from the situation so you can find happiness elsewhere.

Good luck.

Jul 23, 2009, 01:42 PM

"But now's the time to put on the big boy pants and shoes,"

A bit derogatory, don't you think?

Jul 23, 2009, 01:44 PM

Nope. He's got to accept that it's over and move on.

Jul 23, 2009, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid13 View Post
    Nope. He's got to accept that it's over and move on.
    Read his last post. I think he's working on that. I'd understand if he was arguing with everyone telling us they are meant to be, but I don't see it. The guy's just hurting, that's all. Now put on your big girl lipstick and show some tact.

Jul 23, 2009, 02:05 PM

I never said he was arguing and being stubborn. I can clearly see he's hurting. He made a mistake, and has learned and grown from it. That's what we have to do when we make mistakes: grow from them. Thus, putting on the bigger pants of experience and moving on with life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has this happened to you? [ 2 Answers ]

So my friend told me this guy told her he liked me. But once I showed interest he just disappeared. Has this happened to anyone? Was it just for the chase/mystery? Maybe he met someone else? ??

Has this happened to anyone? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a 24 yr old female and I had unprotected sex on Wednesday 4th 2007 and I was becoming fertile on Friday 6th 2007 and was ovulating on 9th April 2007. Has this happened to anyone else and had gotten pregnant on a unfertile day? My cycle is thirty five days. I have been off the pill for nine...

What Has happened to my dog [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new here, I have two puppies and one of them which is about 9 months old use to be eating so fast that it probably takes him about half a minute to finish his food but lately he's been eating really slow, about 1 and a half minute? I'm not sure what's wrong with him but I'm really worried....

What happened? [ 4 Answers ]

What happened to Valinorsorrow?

View more questions Search