Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Santamonica1234 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 10:12 PM
    What documents do I need to gain Australian Greek Dual Citizenship
    Hi

I am an Australian Citizen, my parents are migrants from Greece, married in Australia (political wedding).

Can someone please give me a list of documents needed to obtain Australian/ Greek Dual Citizenship.

acrules3 Posts: 76, Reputation: 3

Jul 26, 2009, 12:47 AM
    Since both your parents are Greek citizens, your situation is very straightforward. You will require the following documents:
    1) Your father's certificate of registration in a municipality in Greece [he needs to apply for it via the nearest Greek Consulate in Australia]
    2) Your mother's certificate of registration in a municipality in Greece [ditto]
    3) Your parents' political wedding certificate, showing that they were married after 1982
    4) Your own Australian birth certificate certified with an Apostille
    5) If you are a male under the age of 45, then some additional documents showing residency [for military purposes]

One note: if by any chance your parents were married before 1982, then their wedding was not considered legitimate in Greece at the time it was held and you will be eligible for citizenship solely through your mother. The situation would be just a little more complicated, but should be still relatively straightforward.

Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to obtain dual Greek/USA citizenship; having trouble with Greek Consulates [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find help in obtaining Greek citizenship through my father, who was born in Greece, still has his Greek passport, but is now a naturalized U.S. citizen. The main problem I am having is finding a consulate that will even talk to me/help me. The one consulate that has been helpful is...

Dual greek Australian citizenship [ 9 Answers ]

I'm also trying to gain EU citizenship through my greek heritage. Both of my grandparents are greek and born in greece and moved to australia in the early 1960's, my father was the only of his siblings born in australia and they all speak greek and have gone back several times to visit. We're all...

Dual Greek-US Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

All four of my grandparents emigrated to the US from Greece; does anyone know the steps involved for me to obtain dual Greek-US citizenship?

Dual Citizenship American & Greek [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an American married to a Greek citizen who was naturalized an now has dual citizenship in the US and Greece. My question is "Is it possible for me to obtain Greek citizenship (and passport) through my marriage to her, and if so, how do I go about it?" Thanks in advance all you...

Dual usa/greek citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how I go about getting a copy of my husband's grandfather's birth certificate - it was born in Tripoli Greece. Is their a form or service I need to use or can I go through the embassy?

View more questions Search