Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtcandelaria Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 09:24 PM
    Attire : Black and White
    I received an invitation for a party that will be held at a hotel. The invitation says : "Attire: Black and White." What does this means ? Does it mean that it is formal attire (I,e. suit for men and long gown for women) ? Or should it be taken literally, that is, the atture should be black or white or combination?. tks/D.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 22, 2009, 09:25 PM

As far as I know that means formal attire.

Why not call the person that sent the invite just to make sure.

Black and white is a bit vague. :)
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 09:40 PM

I think it's formal wear-- I doubt it's ballgown gear though.

Like Alty said "Why not call the person that sent the invite just to make sure."

Anyway here are some of my ideas:

Women:

MEN:

At least this is what I think...

Sarah
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 04:33 PM

I would probably go with black and white even though it means formal tie affair.
    I like the top dress in black that Mudster posted
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I would probably go with black and white even though it means formal tie affair.
    I like the top dress in black that Mudster posted
    Huh... that's new!

Sarah
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2009, 08:48 PM

Ooooops it must be my stiffened knuckles doing their own thang a gain! :D
    jennnaaaay Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Aug 15, 2009, 12:47 AM
    The best would be to go for a semi formal outfit which would be a cocktail dress for the ladies or a suit (not tux) for a man. White house black market would be a perfect store to find some ideas or a dress!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ceiling fan has black, white, and a black/white wire? [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this combination of wires? I am trying to change out ceiling fans in my living room. From ceiling box I have: a black wire, and a white wire, and no ground From the fan w/ light kit I have: a black wire, white wire, and a black w/ while stripe wire, and no...

Black & White movie set in America black & white girls become friends on a beach [ 2 Answers ]

As far as I can remember, the girls become friends on a beach and the black girls mother goes to work for the white girls family. The black girl struggles with her relationship with her mother and wants to be treated like a white girl. Does anyone know what the name of this film is? And if I can...

Black and white fly? [ 2 Answers ]

Found in the tropics of Central America. Need help to identify.

Dead white pitbull (Dexter?) "tells" its story in a black/white French(?) 90's-movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I tried for several hours to find the title of this movie on Google and IMDB through countless searches. As I recall, this is quite a strange 1-hour film about a dog (white pitbull called Dexter or Boxer, I think) that sits quietly and still on a chair looking straight at the camera. We can...

Black Bra/White Tee; White Bra/White Tee [ 17 Answers ]

Do you girls usually wear a black bra with a white t-short or do u wear a white bra with a white t-short? Or yellow tee w/ a black bra? Share. I don't get it

View more questions Search