Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KaCee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 05:00 PM
    Trying to conceive
    I'm new to this board... Kristine, 23. Been married for a little over a year.:D My husband & myself finally decided to start trying for a baby this March 2006.
    So I went off my birth control pills; which I was on for 6 years.

I haven't gotten pregnant yet @ all. Which is really depressing for us.:( I'm getting my hopes up & don't understand what's going on.

I've been taking Fertalid for 2 months now & no results. Any other suggestions?:confused:

I'm looking for advice... questions... concerns. Thank you!
    jesee Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 18, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Relax it takes time and the more stressed you and your husband are the less chance of being successful so enjoy being with the man you love and let nature take its course

Oct 18, 2006, 05:14 PM
    Yea, we just moved from NC to MA @ the end of July so that's one more stresser to add to it!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 18, 2006, 05:17 PM
    Not only does it take 6 months to a year of trying, stress factors in also. The more stressed out you are the harder it is to get pregnant.

Look at it this way...

Many women who try, try for years on end. It is the teenagers who are just out having fun that end up getting pregnant the first time.

Fertilaid is rather new on the market and is nothing that has been tested, tried and true. So, as long as it contains the vitamins you need it should be okay. But do not actually count on it making you more fertile, it probably won't. I may just help boost your metabolism and immune system.

Relax, enjoy your hubby, enjoy your fun. Stress will stop pregnancy from happening.

Oct 18, 2006, 05:53 PM
    Thank you for your kind words...

Is there anything I can take to make me more fertile or help out? TIA!
    Expert

Oct 18, 2006, 06:15 PM
    KaCee

Without a referral to a fertility doctor there is nothing really that you can take to make you more fertile.

Unfortunately very few doctors will refer you to a fertility doctor unless you have been trying for more than a year.

What can you do to help out? Relax, enjoy your husband, enjoy sex. Reduce stress.

I know it sucks, but that is the reality. You are 23, your hormones are still not balanced. This happens at around age 25 at the earliest.

This sounds so cliché but it is the truth... stop trying, you will get pregnant. Do you see what we are saying here? Trying causes stress, stress causes negative pregnancy tests.

So, just enhoy yourself right now, you have a long life to have a baby, it will happen.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2006, 06:35 PM
    Go on a trip to the mountains, take a bottle of "Cold Duck" or a bottle of champagne, one of your favorite romantic CD's, build a roaring fire in the fire place, get naked and act like you are a couple of newly weds. It worked for us twice. We had never used protection and yet on these occasions she got pregnant other time she didn't.
    kellygahan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 11:16 AM
    Don't get too sressed out tou have not been trying that long, give it a few more tries n a little patience, if no joy then its time to see your gp, well good luck x

Oct 24, 2006, 11:19 AM
    Thank you for all your kind answers... Aunt Flo started today so oh well. We'll try again next month. We do have a lot going on the next few months anyhow & with my husband being active duty in the Army doesn't help much.

Thank you again... Kristine~
    Expert

Oct 24, 2006, 11:22 AM
    COunt 11 days from today. You are most fertile anywhere from 11 - 13 days after the first day of your period. Only have sex every other night.

Sorry to hear that Aunt Flo came to visit, but now you at least have an idea when you will be ovulating.
    acoltrin Posts: 10, Reputation: 4

Nov 7, 2006, 03:01 PM
    Try "Preseed", it is a sperm friendly lubricant that acts like your mucus at ovulation time. It is sold online for about 17$. It comes in prefilled applicaters. You only put it in at ovulation time.
    adeleonjr81 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 10:07 PM
    You need to relax and don't get so stressed about it. Stress only makes things more complicated. Try relaxing for an evening. Putting on some romantic music and have a quiet dinner. Then try to conceive after that. If that dosen't work try visiting a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find 70's kung fu movie. [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to find a kung fu movie possible in the 70's vintage period. This movies plot involves a young student of the Tiger style that has not mastered it due to his Masters murder. He then has to avenge his master but must combine Crane style to 'fill in the gaps'. One of the training...

Trying to conceive [ 33 Answers ]

Hello All, Me and my fiancé have been trying to conceive since Jan 2006 NO LUCK, YET. I went to the doctor and they said everythig looked fine, normal. And I;m am not sure whyw e are not getting pregnant yet, its very stressful, and hard to understand. I don't get how many people get pregnant so...

Trying to conceive [ 5 Answers ]

I need help, please help me. We have been trying to conceive. My last period was on 7-29-06. I was supposed to start on 8-28-06, but instead I started on the 27th but very light pink with dark brown. It only lasted a day in a half. I took a pregnancy test but it showed negative. I have been...

Trying to conceive [ 7 Answers ]

HI there folks, I'm new to all this, but have been on a few sites and seen the help and support that is offered and thought I could do with some of that, I an 25 and have been trying to conceive for 6 months, I have regular cycles of 33 days and have been doing all the recommeded charting etc, on...

Trying to find a word [ 5 Answers ]

What is it called when the day,month and year are the same e.g 05/05/05 :confused:

View more questions Search