Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdeghetto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 06:27 PM
    Add a name to a note.
    The house is my son's primary residence; the deed is in my name and his name, however, only my name is on the note. How do we add his name to the note? He pays all the bills (mortgage, utilities, taxes, insurance, etc.) and lives in the house - I pay nothing. I have my own home about 15 miles away.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2009, 06:36 PM

First why do you want to do this, what is the need??

But you can ask the lender to add him but most likely they will just want you to do a refi and do a new mortgage.
    lessaul Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Most commonly asked question is how to get a name off the note, however, both scenarios are very similar and requires the mortgage lenders authorization. Most lenders will not allow a name to be added or dropped and do require a refinance of the current loan. In some extreme cases, the lender may allow a variance of this rather firm policy, but, that's a stretch. You'd be better to remain off the note or to refinance the loan and qualify with your son on the new loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On a different note [ 9 Answers ]

So Ive been working this third job for about a month and there is this fine waitress who has been flurting it up with me. On sat I come to find out she has a boyfriend of 4 years, Now I was not going to pursue this in the first place because of her age. Im 25 she is 18. In my eyes she is to...

Thank You Note [ 5 Answers ]

My son is writing his High School Graduation thank you notes. He is a boy of few words:) Almost all of his gifts were cards with money enclosed and he is planning to put all toward a laptop for college. In each of his notes he has thanked them for using the specific amount they have given him...

Getting a car note out my name [ 1 Answers ]

I have a car that I pay a high car note and I tried to refinance it but I paid way too much for the car and they won't I have a friend that would take over the note how do we put it in her name now if she has bad credit,I don't want to take her word that she will pay it I want to be completely rid...

View more questions Search