Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Codylover101 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2009, 11:29 AM
    My dog got stung by a bee!
    We think our 7 year old German Shepherd got stung by a bee. There is a big bump on his muzzle really close to his nose. Is he in any danger? Please help :(
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 11:41 AM

In any event, the stinger has to be removed by scraping, not pulling. You may need a vet to do that.

Unless the dog is allergic to the stings, he can still breathe trough his mouth.

Due to it's location, you can try some meat tenderizer and water to reduce the swelling.
    joyluo1999 Posts: 240, Reputation: 12

Jul 22, 2009, 12:04 PM
    The important thing is to get the stinger removed.
    If there isn't a stinger you should go to the vet and check if the dog is sick.

After that I think your dog will be all right.
    If the dog only got one sting then it'll be OK.

Do you have a backyard?
    There might be a beehive near your house.
    Make sure that your backyard is safe for your dog.

Good Luck!:)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 01:13 PM

One of mums got bitten by a bee a few years back.
    She chewed at the sting for a while (it was on her foot) but other than that there were no problems.

Joylou has a good point about a nest, while we didn't have a bee hive near us we did find a wasp nest in the shed :eek:
    Codylover101 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2009, 09:34 PM
    There was no stinger. I just woke up at petted his head and there it was. We haven't found any hives, I think it just the normal "summer bee's" I got stung around Juneish on my foot any it was swollen for about 2 weeks. I will try the meat tenderizer this I hope that helps. We do have a backyard. And he can't chew it. He is doing good and is not looking sick, it doesn't really seem to bother him. Thank you all very much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog just got stung by a bee [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help... I was taking my dogs for a walk this evening and my poodle was walking in the grass, then all of the sudden yelped and jerked his back leg up... on the bottom of his paw I saw something black, I think it was a bee or a wasp but by the time I got him to sit still so I could...

My dog might have been stung by a scorpion. [ 3 Answers ]

what do I do if my dog was stung by a scorpion?

My puppy was stung by something. [ 1 Answers ]

My puppy was outside earlier today & she got stung by something on her padding of her back left foot. I put ice on it & I've been watching her. She keeps moving around and can't get comfortable she's also crying. Right now the vet's closed. & I don't know what to do?

Stung/bitten by a coral... what to do? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was bitten or stung by a pink coral ( that's what he saw) 2 weeks ago during their diving activity. The area (in the legs) that was stung/bitten by coral is still very itchy. It grows like a mosquito bite, but super itchy. He tried putting it white vinegar but still no effect. I asked...

My dog got stung by some kind of insect [ 3 Answers ]

My dog got stung by some kind of insect and it has like a big bump on his lip and I would like to know if anyone knows if that is dangerous and/or I could give him some medicine

View more questions Search