Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2009, 11:23 AM
    85 year rehab center
    My neighbor lives in a rehab facility for quite a while. Over a year.
    She has meals, and 24hour medical services. Medicare and HMO
    Pay for everything.

I thought long term care was not covered by medicare??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 11:42 AM

If she is in a facility I am sure they pay at least partcial. She may also have grants or money coming in from somewhere else.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2009, 01:52 PM

A rehab center is normally a shorter term stay while they prepare you to go back to live on your own. And is not considered a long term care facility

But many long term care facility, accept patients who turn over their social secuity payments. The facility will take what other moneys they have, most receive other state money and/or grants
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 02:12 PM

I agree with Fr_Chuck
    Are you asking about a rehab or a senior care place?
    ... also they can claim money from her house/estate when it is sold if she still owes anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rehab in ga [ 1 Answers ]

Has anybody heard of the rehab in barnsville ga called new choice?

From voluntary rehab to lock up for a year? [ 3 Answers ]

My 24 yr. old son is on probation for a DUI in NY starting January 2009. He has been in rehab for over 1 year. He was starting to slip, so he requested that he be put in a 28 day detox program. His P.O. has asked the facility to transfer him at the end of his 28 days to a one year in house program!...

My 3 year old and his daycare center [ 1 Answers ]

My 3 year old son is registered at a military daycare. My husband deploys quite a bit, and since my son turned 3, he has issues at school. Such as walking away from the teachers, tantrums, and not using his listening ears. I've been summoned to the daycare to sign a behavior contract, and I am...

My 22 year old daughter needs rehab [ 9 Answers ]

She lives with us and has a 2 year old baby that we adore. My daughter recetly lost her job (she quit), spent all of her tax return money (2,500) in a weekend buying stuff she didn't need, her car is falling apart and just on Friday when my husband came home found a marijuana pipe in the patio and...

View more questions Search