Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abbymy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Inhailing car gas
    I've been exposed for about an hour in a closed car to a strong smell of gas, that made me full asleep, when I was waken up at the end of the ride I had a very weird feeling I felt like my talking wasn't making much sense and found it hard to understand other people, I tried reading a book and had a very hard time doing so and had to stop after 2 minuets, I was wandering if this can be a result of inhaling the gas and what can be done? Can a person get brain damaged from such a thing? Thank you! Abby
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 10:35 AM

First you or anyone shouldn't be driving in a car with what sounds like either a hole in your tank or a hole in the car that is letting exhaust in... sadly it can kill you... in prolonged exposure... people have ended their lives this way I hear of it all the time on the news. Someone should have opened the window while you guys were driving as to let that smell out.. its not healthy for you..
    Up in northern canada the people there actually inhale gas vapours on purpose... it kills brain cells... they get some sort of high off it.. its NEver EVER a good thing to do though. Just using as an example.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 10:44 AM

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning comes to mind

A Guide to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Although carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless it's also present with components that have odor.

The car needs to have it's exhaust system checked from the engine to the exhaust pipe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my dog inhailing his food [ 4 Answers ]

"Chip" is my 2.5 year old Lhasa Apso. He has a almost 2y old brother named "Dale". Dale doesn't eat chips food. I don't think they have really established who is alfa yet. I see traits in both of them. They are also buddies. They play well together. They have been together for 1.5 years. So why...

View more questions Search