Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justmetonight41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Fathers rights
    OK here is my question. My son is 23 and he found out he might be a Father. The mother does not want the child and she wants to give it away. My son wants to raise the child. I want to know are what are his rights. Right now? How can he make sure the mother will look after herself and the unborn child right now? Will he be able to take the child and raise it. We have talked about raising the child and he will be getting all the family support he wants or needs after the child is born. The mother is stressing everyone out she keeps telling him. That she would sooner give the child to some stranger then let him have it? Help me please:eek:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2006, 03:26 PM
    Hello, he can not force the girl to do anything now, the girl could even have an abortion and the father has no right to stop it what so ever.

Next as soon as the child is born, he needs to file for temp custody of the baby ( if the mom does not want it, she should be glad to sign it over)
    And then the court will assign him custody,

And no she can not "give the child away" without his permission. If she keeps the child, he can still file for custody and try to get the child, but should at theleast get a lot of visistation.
    concerned321 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2011, 12:29 PM
    In Answer to your Question , What your son needs to do " Right Now " is to file a Ex-Parte Hearing ( Go Before the Judge in 24 Hours) state the reasons in the Ex-Parte Hearing as to why you should be granted Temporary or Legal Custody of the child and see what the judge says
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 25, 2011, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned321 View Post
    In Answer to your Question , What your son needs to do " Right Now " is to file a Ex-Parte Hearing ( Go Before the Judge in 24 Hours) state the reasons in the Ex-Parte Hearing as to why you should be granted Temporary or Legal Custody of the child and see what the judge says
    He can't, until the baby is born, as Fr_Chuck points out. The barbaric laws imposed upon us by a few unelected men and women in black robes prohibit that.

Furthermore, I doubt that there is cause for a temporary restraining order (TRO) (or, as you call it, an "ex parte hearing". If the child, once born, is going to be adopted, he will be given notice and the opportunity to object. In case she lies, and pretends that she doesn't know who the father is, he can register in a "putative father registry", if one exists in their state.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 25, 2011, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    If the child, once born, is going to be adopted, he will be given notice and the opportunity to object. .
    This may or may not be true. It mostly depends on which state the child is born in. There are states where either parent can give up the child without consent of the other partner and without question. Based on a small window of time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Fathers Rights [ 5 Answers ]

My daughters friend has a little girl from a previous girlfriend. They were never married. He is listed as the father on the birth certificate. The mother does not want child support and has sole custody of the child. The father paid for the hospital bills when she was born and still pays all...

Conception and 2 possible fathers [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know when my child was conceived if my due date is oct.3.2006. I'm not sure the first day of my last menstural period, it had to be around dec.18 and my period is not regular. I've only had two sonograms done. My first sonogram done on march 23, 2006 said I was 13 week and 4 days and my...

Fathers right's and what say a parent has [ 3 Answers ]

Fathers rights -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My husband has a son through a previous marriage in which the mother has living custody She has cereble paulsy and can barely take care of him The house is a pig pen she can hardly cook for him...

Fathers rights PLEASE HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a friend that is living with his girlfriend he is supporting her, her son from a previous relationship and now their son they have together. He is on the birth certificate and is an active father. He is wanting to take his son to a funeral out of town for a family member, girlfriend is not...

View more questions Search