Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 08:42 AM
    2 issues with my blackberry pearl
    I just got a 'new' phone. A girl I babysit for got it 4 months ago, but didn't like it, so she was going to sell it well, instead of selling it she is giving it to me in return for babysitting, as she is short on cash this month. I agreed, as MY phoen was slowly going south lol.

So the issue I'm having now. I have all the books and instructions and I can't find anything on this.

I have Tmobile. And I was setting up my faves, and it keeps NOT adding my faves, and sending me text messages saying...

You have entered a duplicated number. Brea's number already exists.

I have tried deleting the number from my phone book and then trying to add it to my faves, but I get the same message.

Also, the other issue, is why would the green light in the top right hand corner of the phone be flashing? I have no unread texts, no missed calls, no voicemail. And I can't think of anything it could be.

Thank you :)
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 22, 2009, 09:23 AM

Wow that phone seems to have its own mind lol. You should probably call tmobile and ask them
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 09:26 AM

Yeah I will. I just wanted to wait it out for today to see if anyone had any ideas or have experienced it before, that way I don't have to deal with the 'customer service' :P

Jul 22, 2009, 09:29 AM
    That makes sense. I hope someone can help you with that. I have tmobile too and half the time all they want you to do ("to fix the phone") is cut the phone off and turn it back on lol.

It's crazy :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 02:47 PM

Thanks hon. Yeah your right. Lol. They probably will do that

Jul 23, 2009, 06:44 AM
    I guess nobody knows anything about your blackberry problem :confused: Well good luck and let me know how it goes
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 06:59 AM

Yeah ill probably be calling after lunch. With the time difference, there might be someone who can answer. So ill give the full 24 hours. Lol. Plus I just REALLY don't want to deal with them if I don't have to :P

Jul 23, 2009, 08:27 AM
    I feel you on that one :rolleyes: Good Luck
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 08:37 AM

Hehe maybe if we keep talking someone will notice my post ;) muahahha. Although I hope I don't get in trouble
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 08:59 AM

I have the same phone. The green light just seems to blink whenever its on. Which is annoying for me. Let me know if you find out there's a way to make it stop :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 09:07 AM

YES I figured that out. I'm still figuring out the myfaves but I have the light figured out.

It's a light to indicate that you are connected to your network (tmobil, verizon ect)

What you got to do is go into your menu, go to options (the wrench picture) go down to screen/keyboard
    Go down to LED COverage Indicator and turn it OFF.

:D
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Also, in case you were wondering I also found out the colors meanings

Blinking RED

The LED indicator blinks red whenever you have incoming/waiting communication messages on your phone - new email, new call/missed call, new BlackBerry Messenger message, new SMS, etc.

Blinking GREEN
    Coverage Indicator light. This lets you know you are connected to a network.
    If you wish to turn off the Blinking Green light Go to Options > Screen/Keyboard and turn LED Coverage Indicator to Off.

Blinking BLUE

Lets you know your phone is connected to a Bluetooth device, such as a Bluetooth headset.

Blinking (YELLOW) YELLOW

Plug it in! A blinking yellow light means it is time to charge your BlackBerry as you are running low on battery power.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 09:14 AM

Thank you! It stopped blinking finally!
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 09:15 AM

Yay! I know that light was SO annoying! I had to bury my phone under clothing at night so that the light wouldn't keep me awake lol
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 09:38 AM

I'd put mine in the drawer by my bed. Lol

Jul 27, 2009, 01:26 PM

Did you find out what was going on with the phone jennie?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 01:30 PM

It may seem like a stupid question, but... did the previous owner have "t-mobile myFaves" plan?

If a regular plan phone wants the "myfaves" plan on their phone, you need to call customer service and they flash the myfaves plan onto your phone.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2009, 06:41 PM

That's not a stupid question hon :P yes she did have myfaves. I didn't get it figured out. But I got around it. As long as I deleted the entry, and then added it to myfaves and then completely changed the name, it would accept it. Lol.

Jul 29, 2009, 06:25 AM
    Seems like your doing pretty good to me jennie :)
    auto.sectual Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Blue blinking LED may also mean MISSED CALL ;]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blackberry Curve vs. Blackberry Pearl [ 4 Answers ]

Which do you think is better and why?

Blackberry Pearl 8110 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have just purchased a Pink Blackberry Pearl 8110 - but am lost at how to use it. How do I get on the internet? How can I transfer photos from my laptop to my blackberry? Thanks

Blackberry pearl [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased my first blackberry, the blackberry pearl, and when anyone phones me their number shows up as unknown. Even if they are in my address book the name will not show up. It always says unknown caller. I was wondering how to enable this feature?

View more questions Search