Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    16573 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 07:47 AM
    Sego Palm
    My sego palm just got new growth. It has been very hot. The frawns are turning yellow and drying. I water once a week.
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Jul 22, 2009, 12:02 PM
    Hi! 16573, and welcome to AMHD :)
    Quote Originally Posted by 16573 View Post
    My sego palm just got new growth. It has been very hot. The frawns are turning yellow and drying. I water once a week.
    This is a little outa my league, but I was able to find this for you.

Taken from this site:
    Sago Palm: Growing and care for your cycas revoluta - Tips 'n' Ideas
    Caring for a sago palm
    Apart from the growing conditions mentioned above sago palms are quite easy to care for. A feed of a balanced fertiliser every six months and caution taken when watering (they don't need much) is really all these plants require.

So you might be watering too much.

PlantFiles: Detailed information on Japanese Sago Palm, King Sago Palm, Sago Cycas, Sago Palm Cycas revoluta

If you have a dog:
    snopes.com: Sago Palm Dangerous to Pets

Taken from this site, near the bottom:
    Sago Palm, cycas cirinalis
    We get a lot of email asking "my sago palm is getting yellow leaves so what should I do?"

K
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Well, I have to go back and read all of KUXJ stuff, I am concerned about the dog part...
    But, here in the really hot Valley of Sacramento, I have been told to treat it like a fern. It can't handle a lot of hot hot hot and mine needs to be watered everyday. I just lost (I think) a small one 2 weeks ago because it wasn't getting enough water and we had temps in the 100's for a while. Still are!:eek: *goes for dip in pool*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Palm and Vista [ 9 Answers ]

OK, I don't know if this question falls under this category, but here goes. I recently got a Palm Zire 21 (yes, very high tech, I know:rolleyes: ) I also recently got a Dell XPS M1330 which is running Vista. When I installed the Palm desktop software, it installed fine, but it will not run...

Sego Palm Problem [ 3 Answers ]

My sego palm is turning yellow. It has been in the same place about 8 years now and has been doing great. Now it is turning yellow white. It has been getting plenty of water. What can I do to save it. Thanks.

Sego palm yellow & and has scale looking stuff [ 3 Answers ]

I have several healty sego palms, but one in a pothas turned yellow and has a Scale looking substance on it. I've tried everything Know of and several things That have been recommended.

Sago palm [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased a indoor sago palm.. it has 3 tenticle looking things coming from the middle of the plant, can anyone tell me what these are, and how to take care of this plant... thankyou angie

Palm Propagation [ 1 Answers ]

;) How do you propagate Robellini Palm seeds?

View more questions Search