I currently have 3*PC5500Z (LCD keypad)and 8 zones wired
    Zone 1- Door Entry
    Zone 2- Fire alarm
    Zone 3-Side door Entry
    Zone 4- Motion Detector
    Zone 5 Motion detector
    Zone 6- Side door 2
    Zone 7- Side door 3
    Zone 8- 3 Windows Entries (all 3 wired to the same Zone input).

I would like to add a fourth keypad and it seems like the new model is now the PK series, so I will be adding a PK5500Z and a motion detector.

My questions:

1- What are the steps to add a fourth keypad, if you guys can point to the steps in the manuals, I will proceed with that as when I looked at the instruction manual , it seemed like there were lots of steps and it is confusing.

2- Also is there a command that would display what partition are each of the already installed and running 3 keypads are they on?

3- Given that I maxed my zone inputs, can I wire the new motion detector to the same zone input as my windows entries which are currently wired on zone 8?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 07:37 AM

Are you able to enter Programming Mode?
    You will need to go to location 000 and program the 4th as Partition 1, keypad 4.
    Then 902 to enable supervision for a minute, and 903 to make sure you see the 4 keypads. It is difficult to describe programming with other than the Alpha Keypad.
    The motion gets tied to an unused zone, or can be in series with another, use EOL resistor, if panel programmed for EOL's.
    It would be better to tie in with an existing motion, or add an 8 zone expander, You don't want to put motion(interior zone) with a perimeter(instant zone). When you set alarm for stay mode, it bypasses the motions leaving the perimeter armed, to mix would leave a door unprotected or a motion that MUST avoid detection when staying in the house.
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 07:48 AM

I have to add as I don't have info in front of me and lacking time right now, I believe the 5500 MAY be the Alpha Keypad, and with the Z at the end may have a zone input.
    You could get the 9th zone by hooking onto the "Z" terminal on keypad and ground.
    You can run wiring to Motion from keypad, or if you have 5 conductors from keypad to panel, then motion could be run to panel.
    baradou Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 08:00 AM

Yes I can enter programming mode, in the past I entered programming mode to change the time whenever needed (updating daylight saving mode).
    My LCD keypad (PK5500Z)is an alphanumeric keypad.
    Do I assume the other 3 installed keypad are installed as partition 1, keypad 1,2,3 and install the fourth one as partition 1 keypad 4? What is te exact code to do that?

Thanks for the pointer on not wiring the new motion sensor to the 3 windows as it will mess up the stay mode, have not thought of this. Thanks again.

Now when I physically screw in the wires from the motion sensor to the panel, doI just insert the 2 wires coming from the new motion sensor to where the current motion sensor is wired on the panel, as I am little confused when you state that the new motion sensor should be wired in series.

Also when I do the connection for the new keypad and motion sensor, do I remove the AC and DC power from the panel, will I loose all the programming already existing in the panel.

Also is there a command to broadcast all the programming to the new keypad instead of having to manually re-enter all the zones in the new keypad?
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 08:10 AM

Setting time is done with User Master Code.
    Installer Programming code is different.
    Is this your system? I would install as 4th keypad.
    If you can't get into programming mode, you won't be able to enter data.
    Adding the Motion to an existing motion, would require hooking to auxullary power for motion power, and remove 1 wire from a motion zone terminal, hoo one wire from new motion to terminal, the hook the 2 loose motion wires together, this puts them in series.
    Removing power will not lose data, but clock will need to be reset.
    You can program 1 Keypad and broadcast to all(saves a lot of time). It is also in Installation manual. Do you have Installation manual, and Programming worksheets?
    baradou Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    I have to add as I don't have info in front of me and lacking time right now, I believe the 5500 MAY be the Alpha Keypad, and with the Z at the end may have a zone input.
    You could get the 9th zone by hooking onto the "Z" terminal on keypad and ground.
    You can run wiring to Motion from keypad, or if you have 5 conductors from keypad to panel, then motion could be run to panel.
    Great will do that then, wire the moption to the 5500Z keypad. Do I need any resistors or just the wires as is?
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 08:40 AM

Then wire red and black from motion to red and black on Keypad, say the other 2 wires are white and green for the zone, then green can go to the black with the power black, and the white to the "Z terminal", then you have to tell which zone is assigned to that Keypad.
    Do you have installer code?
    Master code programming is * 6 C O D E.
    Installer Programming is * 8 C O D E. when entered correctly, 2 red leds will flash.
    If for some reason you can't get into programming, putting in series with an existing Motion will require no programming.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a motion sensor to 3 way outdoor flood lights [ 2 Answers ]

First, thanks in advance for your time. I have two 3-way switches in my home at opposite ends of the house that control two different flood lights outside on the same circuit. I bought and hooked up a motion sensor to one of the floods thinking that when it is triggered it will turn both sets...

Adding a motion sensor [ 5 Answers ]

I have three driveway post lites 110 volt, wired direct on ALL the time. I would like to install a motion sensor? I need a wiring diagram, or a good explination on how to install it . Tahnk

Adding an independent motion sensor [ 1 Answers ]

I want to upgrade my existing exterior lighting to include an independent motion seņor and addition lighting fixture in the car port. Existing power fed through a single pole switch inside the house to an exterior light fixture next to the front entrance (2 wire grounded). I would like to...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search