Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Titan4161 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 01:55 PM
    How do I wire a new condenser fan motor
    I have a Trane unit with GE condenser fan motor number 5kcp39fg. New condennser fan motor is A.O. Smith number F48k92A01. My question is on the old fan motor there were only 3 wires two for cap and looks like 1 for motor line and the new motor has a brown and brown/white for cap a black for line and a yellow for line what do I do with the yellow wire?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 01:59 PM

Cap likely hooks to brn and brn/wt.
    Motor may have a Very small diagram on it.
    Need_AC_Help Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan4161 View Post
    I have a Trane unit with GE condenser fan motor number 5kcp39fg. new condennser fan motor is A.O. Smith number F48k92A01. My question is on the old fan motor there were only 3 wires two for cap and looks like 1 for motor line and the new motor has a brown and brown/white for cap a black for line and a yellow for line what do i do with the yellow wire?
    I tape off my Brown & white wire and the yellow goes to what I call the brain not the cap or the compressor. This worked last time but now my unit is not working so who knows.
    Need_AC_Help Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 02:11 PM
    I tape off my Brown & white wire and the yellow goes to what I call the brain (Contactor) not the cap or the compressor. This worked last time but now my unit is not working so who knows.
    SCPE11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Connect both the brown & the brown with white stripe to capacitor.
    SCPE11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 09:36 AM
    Connect the brown with white stripe to capacitor & the solid brown to capacitor & the yellow or black wire to contactor, should work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I wire up my new AC condenser fan motor? [ 7 Answers ]

My new AC condenser fan motor has an extra wire. What do I do with it? AC is a 1996 SEER 12 Rheem. New motor is an A.O. Smith 1/8 HP 208 RPM 208-230 volt. Old motor has 3 wires, black, brown, and orange. New motor has 4. Black, brown, orange, and brown with a white stripe. Does anybody...

How do I wire up a new condenser fan motor [ 5 Answers ]

The old condenser fan motor (EMERSON model # is K48HXFCN-3727,HP-1/8,v 208-230,rpm 1075with 3mfd 370vac dual capacitor) is making a noise.When I got a new one (EMERSON model#is K48HXTMG-4003 HP-1/8,v208-230,rpm1075 come with 5.0mfd 370vac capacitor). I am confused, I need help trying to do the...

Change 4 wire condenser motor to 3 wire motor [ 4 Answers ]

I need TO know how to wire a condenser motor. The one I am taking out is a 230 volt it has 2 brown capacitor wires and a black and white. The one I want to put in is a 230 volt/5 mfd capacitor motor. This one has a red wire a black wire and only one brown capacitor wire. How do I retrofit this....

Condenser fan motor [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my unit is a Rheem the condenser condenser fan is making a hooming noise like is a turbine not a fan I wounder if the blades or the contactor making that noise the fan that I had was a original from the manifactory but it was stoping went it got to temperature well I replaced it with one that...

Where to land the yellow wire off condenser fan motor? [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently tried to change out my condenser fan.My old fan was a G.E mod.#5kcp39gfp922ds it had a multi tap capacitor with a black wire leaving the motor and Landing on the defrost board at (DF2).The new motor I was given is a G.E mod.#5kcp39kgl733s.Both are the same 1/4hp, 825rpms, 208-230 V....

View more questions Search