Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amkent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Judgments and bankruptcy
    If a judgment is rendered against me, does that allow garnishment of wages or unemployment compensation? What are, generally rules surrounding what may be kept in one's household goods, vehicles, etc. when seeking bankruptcy?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 01:46 PM

You may keep your property up to an allowed value, each state has their own value system ( in the US) you keep household goods, and cars if your equity is not over the limits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgments [ 2 Answers ]

If a judgment is ordered against me. What will the repercussions be? Such as a lean against my property, garnishment or taking money out of my bank acount and how long will this occur

Judgments against me in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I have a creditor that has hired a lawyer to come after me for monies owed. I explained I am filing bankruptcy but have not been able to file as I need to pay the balance to the attorney before he will file it. The creditors lawyer said that they will get a judgment against me. When he does obtain...

Judgments and garnishments [ 1 Answers ]

Hi A few months back I received a judgment on an old credit card that was bought by a collection agency. I just received a letter from them and called to set up payment arrangements. I was instructed that they did not have to accept this amount and could garnish my wages without having to file...

Bankruptcy was filed but judgments still show [ 2 Answers ]

I had a business fail and had to file Chapter 7. The judgments were named in the bankruptcy, the bankruptcy is long completed (3 years now) but the judgments still show on my credit report. What do I do to get them off as being discharged without spending a fortune (which I do not have) on an...

Collecting a judgments [ 2 Answers ]

HELLO, I like to know if you know of some company that will help me report a "judgment" to the credit bureaus? All answers will be appreciated Thanks

View more questions Search