Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alwaysteach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Technology in classroom
    How can I find grants for asmartboard, lcd projector, and document reader for my classroom ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 12:09 PM
    Wouldn't the school board be in charge of those purchases?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 23, 2009, 07:00 PM
    As a teacher, I know we can never have enough funds. You can look at Edutopia Magazine. It had a lot of ideas for grants. Also, have you tried any aerospace companies in your area? (Lockheed, Northrop, etc.) sometimes have provided funds to my school and given us equipment they no longer use. Good luck!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 07:17 AM

Check in your local community as well. Major newspapers, water company, etc. sometimes offer grants. The administration at your school should have info, but also check with the district office.
    antipode12 Posts: 248, Reputation: 8

Aug 2, 2009, 08:46 PM

There are education grant clearinghouses that will point you in the direction of what you might need.

Here are a couple:
    The NEA Foundation
    NHEC | TAH Grants

I find local grants are even better. Are there Educators Credit Unions in your area? They often have grants available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scene use cassette player in the classroom [ 2 Answers ]

Forgot the movie name. It has a scene that the student start using recorder to recording, then no student how up but all recorders, finally, the teacher also no show up, but use the cassette player.

How to teach an ESL classroom? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been teaching English As a Second Language ESL now in different countries but the systems and rules tend to differ from each other.In China students wants you to sing and dance in class,in Japan they just like discussions while in Korea it was a totally different impression;they prefare...

Ms in bio technology in us [ 1 Answers ]

What are the universitys offering ms in biotechnology in u.s.a

Teacher hurt in classroom [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Third Grade teacher in Pennsylvania, while I was walking the halls monitoring classrooms during an inside recess, I heard students in my classroom yelling. I ran to my room and found 3 of my students trying to hold up a large dry erase white board (4 ft by 6 ft) that was coming off the wall...

Classroom Management Questions [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am taking a course on classroom management at my college and for one of our assignments we are to ask a teacher several questions about their teaching and perceptions of classroom management. There are a bundle of questions, so if you only have time to answer a few or none, please don’t worry...

View more questions Search