Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knlath Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 10:23 AM
    What's wrong with my pickup
    I have a 98 Ford F150 4x4 with a 4.6 motor all of a sudden it won't idle. It runs fine but dies if you let off the pedal. I had the computer checked and got no error codes I am stumped any suggestions
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2006, 10:28 AM
    1. I would replace the fuel filter, if it has not been changed within the past 30,000 miles.

2. Assuming your spark plugs are in good shape, I would focus on your igniter. O'Reilly Auto Parts and Autozone will test them for free.
    wolfboy Posts: 32, Reputation: 4

Oct 19, 2006, 03:45 AM
    It could be your fuel air mixture is wrong.
    Or maybe for some reason your are losing eltricity to fuel injection
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2006, 08:18 AM
    1. Replace fuel filter, if it hasn't been changed in 30,000 miles.
    2. Replace spark plugs, if they haven't been changed lately. Replace Motorcraft platinum plugs every 50,000 miles, not 100,000 miles as suggested. Only use Motorcraft spark plugs.
    3. Test/replace igniter and coil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's wrong with me? [ 2 Answers ]

I was supposed to start my period on the 3rd and I did, but I bled that day and then I didn't bleed at all the next day, then on the 5th I bled and the sixth I didn't bleed.. I don't know why my period is being like this, a couple days before I started my period I had sex.. so I don't know if this...

What's wrong? [ 4 Answers ]

To start by saying I'm new here, so bare with me. My problem is that my periods are very very heavy and lasts about 7 full days. My problem this month is that this time it was very very light and only lasted two days. My tubes are tied(the less perminant type) and I'm not on birth control pills....

Things wrong with my pickup [ 1 Answers ]

I have a chevy 4x4 1/2 ton it has a ow noise in the frontend when it in 4 wheel drive .It had the noise when I first got it then I lost the rearend so I changed both front and rearend .and it still has the noise.The only thing that I have not done is change the springs. I'm open to any suggetions.

What's wrong with me [ 5 Answers ]

My body has been acting weird for some months now. For the past 9 months I have been getting a repeated yeast infection each month and receiving medication. But for the past 2 months I haven't had a yeast infection but my periods have been really late. Last month I came down on my period on the 23...

What's wrong with me, someone help [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, lets see, I'm sixteen and in a relationship, have been for three months now. I believe him when he tells me he loves me, and for the first time in any relationship I don't have to ask myself if I love him, because I know the answer is yes. But I always have seconds thoughts in the back of my...

View more questions Search