Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galyrocks2091 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 11:41 AM
    How do I know if someone died in my house
    How do I know if someone died in my house.
    Cedric J Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 11:42 AM

Did you find a body?
    galyrocks2091 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Some one die in my house
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 08:45 PM

You could start by asking your neighbors. You could also go back over the records of who has owned the house, and look up the death certificates and see what you can find out in that way. Or contact your local coroner and ask if they have a way to search their database for that type of information. Why do you want to know?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 08:54 PM

You only have to ask once hon :)

It can be done, it is a long, drawn out process.
    You can go a library in your area that has a lot of genealogical information, that have helpful tools such as criss-cross directories. You can go back quite a ways depending on how old the house is. You can trace the people that have lived there either by address or name. Once you have done that, you can determine if they died in your city/county. You can do that at RootsWeb.com Home Page and see if they are listed there. Any death before 1955, this site would not be much of a help. You can also look up older death records are the courthouse or at a genealogical library that holds the records on microfilm. Once you get a date, you can attempt to look up the obituaries at the library on microfilm. If that does not work, you can request a place of death from the courthouse, city hall, or health depatment (who ever it is that handles the death certificates in your area) I hope that I made some sense.

Also, you can Google your homes address, with the word 'death/died'
    And see what pops up in public record or general world wide web information.

Good luck
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 10:12 PM
    I don't know of any "central wearhouse" that has this type of information, but I do think that you have some great ideas, jenniepepsi! I also wonder why the original poster wants to know. Many elderly persons have lived in my home, and I think that it's very likely that someone has died in my home at some point, since my home is 100+ years old.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who died in my house? [ 25 Answers ]

:confused: Im trying to find out who lived in my house, and if anyone died here. Lately strange things have been going on, I never believed in ghost, but what I've seen in my house is making me a beleiver:eek: . Does anyone know any websites that can help me out?

Who died in my house [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living here for 2 months and feel like I'm not alone .how do I find out if someone died in my home

Someone died in my house [ 11 Answers ]

How do we find out if someone has died in a house before we buy it

Some one died in my house [ 6 Answers ]

How can I find out if someone died in my house

Died in my house [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me how to find out if my house is hunted?

View more questions Search