Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vdog1396 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Salary and prevailing wage
    I am an employee on salary. We work on prevailing wage projects all the time and I do the work of a general laborer and pipelayer yet my hourly salary is less than that of the prevailing wage. Is this legal? Do I have any recourse?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 10:00 AM

Do you belong to a Union or do you have an empliyment contract?

Otherwise it's employment at will, sort of - you either take or don't take a job based on the pay and other circumstances/conditions. If you don't want to work for the hourly wage paid you, you could quit and find a job that pays what you expect.

I see no violation of anything here as long as you are paid the minimum wage. Now, if it's Government contract work OR the prevailing work/pay language is in the contract, ask Wage and Hour in your State.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between Wage and Salary? [ 3 Answers ]

My professor asked me why is that the salary is calculated monthly or annually.. :confused: Please answer my question...

Salary minimum wage [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal for a company to pay me less then minimum wage based on 45 hours a week worked? Right now I'm making under $400/week at $19,000 a year. The minimum wage in Oregon is $8.40/hour. On salary I'm making 8.11 hour. Is this legal? What about getting overtime?

Prevailing Wage form A-1-131 [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Hello. My question is, in what category (Fed. Tax, FICA, State Tax & SDI) does CA Training Tax, Medicare, FUTA & CA SUI (my accounts) go under when filling out a "Public Works Payroll Reporting Form"?

View more questions Search