Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smegel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Dealing with Ghosts
    We have a ghost in our building. How do I make friends with him since I don't want to piss him off
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 08:55 AM

How do you know it's a ghost for starters?

I have a ghost in my house and I (fortunately) know who it is. I constantly have things moved around and/or totally gone only to reappear days or weeks later. I can hear 2 second words spoken such as "Don't know, don't know". I can feel a presence in my bedroom at times during the night but it is not threatening.

I just talk outloud to my ghost or I speak to the ghost in my mind. My ghost has never harmed me though. I do sometimes catch a glimpse of him from my peripheral vision. He usually stands slightly behind me on my right side and I can see him standing there when I am at my computer working.

If you show no fear and show an acceptance of this ghost, you will have no problems from them. Your things might just be rearranged sometimes, but ghosts as a rule do not harm the living. Also, I have had occasion to smell wonderful scents that I know I do not have in my home. My ghost infuses items with his "scent" and the scent lasts for days at a time and does not come off the object. I also have noticed some weird fingerprints on the glass case on a big clock I have. No matter how much I try to clean off these somewhat sticky fingerprints, they are still there!
    kiragira Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2009, 11:56 PM

You'll probably want to do some more research on the internet, but short of taking any invasive steps it's mostly an attitude change.

Treat a 'ghost' a little bit like you would a strange animal--respect them, be aware that you may have different forms of communication, and assert your authority over your home. Realize that while you cannot completely understand this entity, you may have to make peace with them living together with you in your home.

You may want to try directly communicating with the being, via thoughts or speaking aloud. Let them know if you are made uncomfortable by their presence, and if you must, very politely ask them to leave. If they're not malicious, you should have no problem living with them--they may even move on by themselves. It may be a good idea to leave the ghost an offering, such as a saucer of honey milk in an area of the house that you will leave untouched for a period of a few hours. Some people believe ghosts can actually take this food, others believe they "absorb" its essence and nuitrition. Dispose of the offering after a few hours.

Just try to keep a nonaggressive attitude around the entity, without allowing yourself to be over-vulnerable if you feel uncomfortable. In the end, it is your house, and its physical space belongs to you. The being can coexist with you if it causes you no trouble, but you're ultimately in control.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 11:13 AM

My ghost likes to take bars of soap, bottles of shampoo, packs of little cigars, my shed key, screwdrivers, and other items and disappear them. Sometimes he returns the items but in a different room or locations within the room where the object disappeared. I found a pack of little cigars resting on a fan blade. A Zippo lighter moved onto the top of the fan blade again another day. The soap and shampoo have never been seen again! My stud finder never came back. A small screwdriver came back slightly bent. Stuff is moved around my house almost on a daily basis lately. The other day it was flying dog biscuits and a flying little cigar that both appeared from nowhere when I was in the room.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeing Ghosts [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, You may think I'm crazy because even I think I'm crazy but I think I see ghosts.When my friend stayed over in my house something weird happened I saw a small boy that my friend couldn't see and he told me that there was someone else here.Then me and my friend ran downstairs where I saw the boy...

Ghosts [ 14 Answers ]

Can ghosts harm you?

I think I have ghosts [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I had a home built on 6 wooded acres. Moved in April of 2007. Many strange things have been going on, starting with very strange pictures while the home was under construction. Since moving in, my husband and I have seen figures, seen voices, and have been finding broken glass on...

Are they ghosts? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. I really need someone to talk to who won't be biased regarding my thoughts. I'm in a relationship for 2 years now, Lester and I have a 6 month-0ld daughter and I've known him for over two years, too. I just came from a terrible, full of deception relationship from a 32 y/o man when...

Ghosts [ 43 Answers ]

Do ghosts exist? If so can you see them and how can you tell if they're in your house?

View more questions Search