Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reckless Posts: 109, Reputation: 30

Jul 21, 2009, 08:30 AM
    I Got Her Back
    We had been going out for about a year and a half. She broke up with me, told me she needed space, that she was growing up, that she needed some time alone, that she needed to find herself, etc. I acted very desperate and called her maybe 6 times in a 1.5 month long period. She never picked up.

I got over her and stopped caring. I went out with another girl. While I was going out with this new girl, my ex called me and basically told me that she loved me and wanted me back. Coincidentally the new girl I was going out with broke up with me. I used that as an opportunity to get back with my ex.

Now we've been back together for two months. Things are definitely not as good as they used to be. She has threatened to break up with me over PDA when she was with her friend. I agreed to her boundaries, but she's still treating me badly. When I call, she keeps our conversations dangerously short. I think it's because her long distance best friend is staying over for x number of weeks and she wants to spend time with her, not me. The fact that she threatened to break up with me has really soured my feelings for her.

It's not really all that great to get back with your ex. It is possible, but the reasons she got back with me are all stupid.

1. She was jealous.
    2. Things didn't work out with the new guy I found out she was hitting on.
    3. She was lonely and doesn't have many friends.
    4. I demonstrated that I didn't need her anymore and she was afraid of losing me.

Now I don't know what to do. I straight up asked her, "Do you want me out of your life while your friend is here?" She said, "yes."

Is this just a phase and should I wait it out, or should I straight up just break up with her?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 10:30 AM

Vanish from her life! Get your own that makes you happy.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 10:38 AM

Your just going wait around for her to break up with you?

You tried to work on the relationship again but it still isn't working. Why stay when your unhappy and being treated poorly?

Next time stay out of her life regardless what she saids. Never settle!
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 21, 2009, 10:47 AM

Become Houdini and SHAZAM your way out of there!

All the reasons you listed on why she wanted you back (or possibly wanted you back) seem to ring true.

You got over her, and now you're in a bad place. Dump her. She's a user, and you're much too nice for that (RIGHT? )!

Don't let her turn you into a Sour Puss! Break up with her! Let her use someone else, and go get another saucy mamacita!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 11:14 AM

Sounds like she's just hanging on to you until she finds someone better.

Relationships are suppose to be happy and natural. This relationship sounds unpleaseant and forced.

Go find happiness elsewhere.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 11:19 AM

So getting back with the ex ain't so good after all?

Well, lesson learned. The least you can do now is break up with her before she breaks up with you.
    Sparky1969 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jul 21, 2009, 02:37 PM

Walk away and have no contact. If you do have moments of doubt. Log on to this site, read your post and replies.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 02:49 PM

They have this amazing thing on ALL cell phones. It's called a power button, it gives you the opportunity to turn off that phone and get busy with you life, also if you happen to leave your phone on, you can hit "end" when you see her number and it ignores her call so you don't have to listen to her whine.

Jul 21, 2009, 09:23 PM

Nope, she beat me to it. She broke up with me after a fight I had with her best friend today. It's over. I'm going NC again.
    De4rest Posts: 85, Reputation: 7

Jul 21, 2009, 10:02 PM

Wow, what an ex! She sounds so selfish but I have to say one thing though. You are using her as well lol (getting back with your ex as an opportunity). I'm cheering for you about the NC part. I hope you won't take her back next time she did this again.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 11:14 PM

Well this is what I see happening if you stay with her , you'll end up having another fight and she'll...

Oops I see it's already happened :rolleyes:

Your far better off without her , just don't break NC!!

Jul 22, 2009, 12:20 AM

Now I can't sleep. I feel like calling her and it's 3 am. I know it's not right, so I'm doing this instead. I know that we love each other, but we got into too many fights about little things.

To win her back I go NC right? Nothing I say is going to change her mind about this right?

Jul 22, 2009, 12:47 AM

NC is not about winning her back. It's about helping you to move on and enjoy a life for you.

Jul 22, 2009, 01:25 AM

Then what do I do to win her back. It's 4 am and I seriously cannot sleep.

Jul 22, 2009, 02:07 AM

When relationship troubles are on your mind - everyone has trouble sleeping.

You probably think you want her back and are confusing being or your own with missing her.

Do nothing and focus on the new life and freedom you can now have.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    We had been going out for about a year and a half. She broke up with me... now we've been back together for two months. Things are definitely not as good as they used to be... she broke up with me after a fight I had with her best friend today... what do i do to win her back?
    Lesson not learned, or you're a masochist.

To your credit, you're at least reliable. She can always count on you to be there when she gets bored and wants a boyfriend again.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    then what do i do to win her back. it's 4 am and i seriously cannot sleep.
    Explain, please, why you even want to win her back. You know there are other girls out there right? It sounds like you're just trying to settle for something you're familiar with. Forget about her.

Jul 22, 2009, 05:57 AM

Well I knew that calling her was a bad idea, but I did it anyway. I got her to forgive me, admit that she loved me, and go on a date with me. We're going on the date "as friends" but I don't think that's even possible. I have a feeling that at the very least we'll kiss, and at the maximum we'll get back together. I can't make the first move though, because it might make her angry.

She's says that we should be friends right now, but admits that later on we could get back together again.

Yeah, I am a masochist. I don't really care. I won't be able to update you guys for my 3 day vacation. I'm leaving my phone here so I can't call her. Hopefully the date on Sunday doesn't turn against me.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 06:07 AM

Its your turn to tell her YOU NEED space.
    Don't waste your life waiting on her to decide to break up again. What if she decides she is in this for the long haul?
    You would be living a lie to both you and her.
    You aren't in love with her don't waste another minute. She wasn't thinking of you when she needed her space. So why are you so concerned over hurting her feelings?

She got back with you for all the wrong reasons... she made her bed don't lay in it with her.
    Get OUT

Jul 22, 2009, 06:12 AM

Well we aren't technically back together again for the 2nd time around. Regardless, I know we both love each other, it's just we fight about stupid things. Once that stops, everything will be good again. I'm the instigator, so it's a problem with me and not her. I've just been stressed lately, and I'm sure things can be normal again once her friend leaves and she's alone again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Can the IRS keep my back pay for Social Security Disability If I owe back taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I owe back federal taxes of approximately $13,000.00. I have a back payment of approximately $20.000.00 coming from Social Security Disability. How much money will the IRS keep of this money if any, and will they notify me before hand

Do I have to pay back disability company monies I receive from SS for back pay [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. I just received SS after applying for 5 years. I just received my back pay from SS as well. Now, the disability company that was paying me wants 100% of my back pay and my son's dependent check as well. I thought this was protected under 42 USC Sec 407 (a). ...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

View more questions Search