Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 10:12 AM

This is the most arse backwards attempt at an excuse to break NC that I have seen on this board, sure birthdays happen and I can understand that urge, but a stupid bet about Green Tea and coffee and you HAVE to call her and tell her about it? Really
    reckless Posts: 109, Reputation: 30

Aug 17, 2009, 07:41 AM

So after a long time of NC I got the "let's just be friends call." I said "no."

I can finally move on with my life.

Aug 24, 2009, 06:43 AM

I have been totally NC since she called to be friends and I said no.

But something interesting happened. She is the only other person who knows my Myspace password. She logged into my account and deleted a poem I wrote for her a long time ago. Now this really angered me, because she was violating my privacy.

I changed my password so she couldn't continue creeping through my account.

I talked to my friend about it, and he noticed that she had blocked him from Facebook. We made a bet as to whether she had blocked me too. I bet that she did, he bet that she didn't. The truth is that she did.

I had long since stopped checking her Facebook, but it's interesting to know that she blocked me. I feel a little bit of sting, but it's really not that bad.

I must really be getting to her because she took this way too far. It's not that I'm trying to hurt her, I'm just trying to live my life. I guess she's making the right moves.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 06:49 AM

Good, she blocked you... all the more reason to leave her in the past and look toward the future.

Aug 24, 2009, 06:56 AM

I know it just pisses me off a little bit that she went into my account.

I'm glad I never caved in and checked her stuff, because it would have been so much worse if I figured it out like that. I never would have known if my friend hadn't brought it up. My only regret is that I didn't block her first.

I'm doing just fine. I got a gym pass for somewhere within 5 minutes of walking distance and I see my friends almost every day.

I just want my experience to be an example to everyone who wants to do stupid stuff like contact her, give her gifts, serenade her, etc. I did all of the above.

I learned by experience that NC is the best thing to do, and I didn't do it. Now that I've finally started life feels a whole hell of a lot better.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 07:03 AM

Some take longer than others to learn, some never learn, so at least you have learned, and that's a great thing.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 01:50 PM

You'll be doing better and better
    Good to hear things are progressing for you.
    bswc Posts: 197, Reputation: 22

Aug 24, 2009, 06:25 PM

Glad that u're progressing, after reading your posts, its like you're making yourself a toy to her whether she wants it or not while she's living in her own normal life. Your over confidence and stubbornness brought u no where in NC, just prolonging the healing process as u realised now. "When you're pretty much over here i dont think u'd be around here posting about her." Take that as reference whether u're moving on or just talking crap to make yourself look good.
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

Aug 24, 2009, 06:34 PM

You've learned to live with yourself and make your own decisions without obstacles stopping you from doing so.

I would say that's the one of the greatest things you can accomplish.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 06:38 PM

I'm glad you've finally come to your sense's and realised the power of NC.

I don't know about the others but I have to admit there were a few times I had almost given up on you because of your stubbornness.

Anyway alls good that ends good :)
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Aug 25, 2009, 12:17 PM

Drop her like she's hot. NO Contact. Let her chase you.

In the mean time find yourself a woman. Leave the little girls in the sand box where they belong right next to the buried cat poop.

Sep 6, 2009, 11:11 AM

I'm getting really pissed. I called her last week about getting my stuff back but didn't get an answer. I left a message asking when a good time would be. This is one week later and I still haven't gotten an answer for when I can get it back.

I called again and left another message about when I could get my stuff back, it's just really pissing me off. Do I just have to resign myself to the fact that she has my $80 flash drive and fuzzy handcuffs? Should I keep trying, or just accept the fact that she has my stuff?
    chrissiep Posts: 10, Reputation: 5

Sep 6, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Just leave your stuff.

Its an excuse to contact her and you know it.

My ex owes me $50k. I don't think I'm going to see that either.

Ive chosen to get on with my life. You need to do the same.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2009, 05:37 PM

Is it really worth getting pi55ed for a lousy $80?

Like Chrissep said just leave it and get on with the healing , no point going back a few steps.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2009, 10:43 PM

Yes leave it-I ve got lots of clothes in my exes flat but they can stay there-Im not bothered.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2009, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicon View Post
    yes leave it-I ve got lots of clothes in my exes flat but they can stay there-Im not bothered.
    And what a great excuse to treat yourself and buy some new clothes ;)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 09:21 AM
    I have left a lot of stuff all over the place, and it can all be replaced, because its just stuff, and not worth the hassle. It sure ain't worth being frustrated or mad about. Or breaking NC, nor waiting for a response from a stubborn ex.

Let her keep her souvenirs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Can the IRS keep my back pay for Social Security Disability If I owe back taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I owe back federal taxes of approximately $13,000.00. I have a back payment of approximately $20.000.00 coming from Social Security Disability. How much money will the IRS keep of this money if any, and will they notify me before hand

Do I have to pay back disability company monies I receive from SS for back pay [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. I just received SS after applying for 5 years. I just received my back pay from SS as well. Now, the disability company that was paying me wants 100% of my back pay and my son's dependent check as well. I thought this was protected under 42 USC Sec 407 (a). ...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

View more questions Search