joyluo1999 Posts: 240, Reputation: 12

Jul 21, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rachaelspud View Post
    I don't have the pics here with me
    Oh, OK.
    Can't wait for pics!
    rachaelspud Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2009, 12:52 PM
    Now if I can just remember how to find this site tomorrow and log on again. LOL

Jul 21, 2009, 12:57 PM
    now if I can just remember how to find this site tomorrow and log on again. LOL
    I just wrote it down And after awhile I remembered the name of it.

Jul 21, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Well hope to talk tomorrow and have pics for you of my puppies.

Jul 21, 2009, 01:10 PM
    well hope to talk tomorrow and have pics for you of my puppies.
    I'll be waiting!:):D:):D:)

Jul 21, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Hope to see ZoeMarie and Joykaytee also

Jul 21, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Yea!
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 04:40 PM
    I'm sure I can. I take pics of them all the time with my cell phone but how do I post them on here?

How do I add pictures and other file types to my post?

A. "Attach" files (including pictures) from your computer. This method puts the attached file below the text of the post.

Click on an Ask or Answer button to ask or answer a question
    Compose your question or answer in the window.
    Under the window where you composed your question or answer is a section called Additional Options.
    Click on the Manage Attachments button: a pop-up dialog will open. NOTE: The Manage Attachments dialog lists the maximum sizes of the various types of files that may be attached.
    Click the Browse button to navigate to the image on your computer and double click the file on your computer: this will return you to the dialog window.
    Click the Upload button.
    Click the link to close the dialog window OR repeat numbers 5 & 6 to attach another image.
    B. "Embed" image(s) from the internet. This method inserts an image wherever you wish within the text of your post.

Click the Insert Image icon above the posting window: A pop-up asking for the URL will open.
    Enter the URL of the image in the field then click the OK button.
    Source: AMHD FAQ's
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 07:52 PM
    I'll be around. I'm an AMHD junkie. LOL. I just left work for the day pretty early this morning and just now got back on. I'm sure I'll talk to you tomorrow. Good luck with your puppies =)

Jul 22, 2009, 09:17 AM

Well the chihuahua did fine yesterday. No accidents in his cage, HURRAY!!
    I wasn't able to get pics on here yesterday, sorry.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 10:31 AM

Yey for the chihuahua. What are your dogs name by the way? Hope to see pictures soon :)

Jul 22, 2009, 10:38 AM
    The chihuahua/minpin mix is Oliver
    Rat terrier is Rusty
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 10:39 AM

Such cute names.. my dogs name is Rebel.hes a carolina dog. I also have four chinchillas.. their names are Bit, Daisy Duke, Smokey and (the) Bandit (brothers)

Jul 22, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Those are cute names. Are chinchillas hard to take care of?
    I also have a siamese cat - Salena
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 10:52 AM

I find chinchillas very easy to take care of... I give them dust baths once every two days. Check their food each morning and night to make sure they have some. Keep fresh water and hay on hand for them... I also take them out and let them run around on my couch and on the floor (I chinchilla proofed my house lol) they don't cost much to feed... I think maybe around 30 dollars a month if that for Four chinchillas. They sleep most of the day and are up at night unless you get ones like mine that think daytime is when they should be up. They do tend to nibble to test if things are edible so don't stick your finger in the cage lol... I handle mine A lot so they are very tame. But if you don't... and mind you there are some chinchillas naturally that don't like it.. they won't let you pick them up.
    One of mine is a pet store rescue.. she was so very sick when we got her. She didn't get fed right. They gave her water in a bowl on the bottom of her cage... *they can't get wet because they don't dry out well and can get sick. That is why they have dust baths... * also their fur is too dense to get fleas so I never worry about fleas

I have three different colors of chinchillas. And will list cost beside the color (just so you know what the cost is like.. some people wonder)

2 Basic Grey Chinchillas (185.00)
    1 Hetro Beige {red eyes} (approx 400.00)
    1 Black and White Mosaic {white with black spots} (approx. 400 to 500 )

Colored chinchillas (any ones not grey though) pet stores usually can not get their hands on because breeders do not sell them to pet stores only to people who go through the breeder.

There is a horrible thing called the lethal gene where two white (I think its white.. or its two blacks) when crossed together to create babies.. the babies will die...
    This is because the color variations are genetic mutations naturally chinchillas only come in one color in the wild.. a grey/ brown color and they look much different
    There are also angora chinchillas (long haired) but expect to pay anywhere from 1000 to 4000 dollars for them.
    Wild chinchillas also look different then tame ones

Jul 22, 2009, 11:13 AM
    I won't be getting them. My daughter used to have a ferrit. Those are cute but they say if you have reclining furniture you shouldn't havethem and I have a sofa and chair that recline. My 2 dogs and cat are enough for me for now. It's kind of difficult now when we go to Ohio. Especially when we take the dogs because we have to find a hotel that allows pets. My mom is allergic to animals so we can't them there. My family still lives in Ohio and I moved to Michigan to get married. Always lived in Ohio all my life until 2007. Got married 8/2008.

Jul 22, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Well the chihuahua did fine yesterday. No accidents in his cage, HURRAY!!!!!
    I wasn't able to get pics on here yesterday, sorry.
    Awww, I was really looking forward to the pics.

Jul 22, 2009, 11:40 AM
    I will try my best tonight to get a pic of Rusty and Oliver on here

Jul 22, 2009, 11:56 AM
    I will try my best tonight to get a pic of Rusty and Oliver on here
    Yay, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Can't wait.

Jul 22, 2009, 12:05 PM
    That's cool you are so anxious to see them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Peeing and Pooping in cage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have a metal cage for our 3 1/2 month old miniature schnauzer puppy. We had bought her to be an inside pet, but because of her peeing and pooping in her cage we have moved it out into the garage and that's where she stays during the day and sometimes at night. When we get up in the...

Dog pooping in her cage [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 month old Silky who keeps pooping in her cage. We take her outside and wait a long time for her to go poop and never does. She will just do it in her cage. How do I get her to stop?

12 week Husky pooping in cage [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 12 week old male Siberian husky that continues to poop in his cage when he is left in there while I am at work. I usually arrange for him to only be in his cage for no more than 3 or 4 hours at a time. BUT even at that length of time I come home to him thrashing in his poop. I have...

Dog started pooping in cage after 1 month [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this dog trianing thing. We bought a pug 5 weeks ago. He is 4 months old. The first month was perfect... no pee or poop ever in the crate. We this week he suddenly started to pee and poop in crate. The only thing I changed was his bed because he was eating the fur off the bed. ...

View more questions Search