Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mymaggie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 04:57 AM
    1968 Greenback Party Convention
    I have a gavel engraved with name of Chairman of 1968 Greenback Party Convention. All references to this convention I can find show it was only active between 1874-1884. Does any one have information about the 1968 Convention? Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 07:16 AM

Where did you get the gavel?

This is what I find: When the candidate in 1884, Gen. Benjamin Franklin Butler (1818-93), did very badly, the party dissolved. Some members joined the Union Labor party in 1888, but more of them went back to the old parties. Later many Greenbackers, among them Weaver and Ignatius Donnelly, became leading figures in the Populist party .

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/politi...on-378039.html
    mymaggie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 07:37 AM
    Estate Sale of area Petroleum Company executive. His name is engraved as Chairman. I DO know he was a supporter of Richard Nixon (1968). I don't know if this is a humorous gift because of his politics or an actual representation of his position as Chairman.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 07:40 AM

I'll vote for the gag joke - because the party was long dissolved by that time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What did you think about the Republican convention? [ 13 Answers ]

What did you think about the Republican convention? Was it better or worse than the Democratic one?

PUMAs going to the convention [ 28 Answers ]

Even though Evita has said she does not want a symbolic roll call vote on the Convention floor ;her supporters are still planning on going to the convention to challenge "the one" . They will not make the case that he bought the nomination by outspending Evita in caucus states and red states he...

Fun at the DNC convention [ 5 Answers ]

Come join the fun folks of "Re-create 68" in Denver during the Democratic convention as they attempt to re-create the glory days of the 1968 Democratic convention in Chicago. Activities include The Festival of Democracy, the Food Not Bombs sponsored Community Feeds and the End the Occupations...

Fiscal year convention [ 1 Answers ]

I am preparing financial projections for a business plan. Would a fiscal year from Jul 1, 2004 through June 30, 2005 be properly designated as 2004 or 2005? Thank you.

View more questions Search