Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xiongsh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 09:05 AM
    Gutter System
    I'm shopping for new gutters for my home and just want to know the difference between seamless gutters and seamless aluminum gutters.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Seamless gutters are aluminum... it pretty much goes without saying... so the two are the same thing.
    dherman1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Oct 19, 2006, 08:23 PM
    Seamless gutters are gutters that are formed from coil stock. The stock is drawn through any number of rollers, dies, forms, blocks, etc.. To create the shape you desire.

They are typically aluminum but they can also be made from steel. Steel being heavier, denser and tougher requires more force to create the desired shape so the forming machines are presumable more heavy duty (i.e. expensive)

Seamless gutters are somewhat of a misnomer in that there are seams in the gutter, but only at corners. The main length of gutters can be any length desired up to the limit of the coil stock of course. My neighbor's house has a straight run of almost 70 feet in the back. There are three downspouts on it but no seams except at the ends.

Typically, seamless gutters are installed by pro's but, depending on the length you need, you may be able to have them make some for you.

Good luck, dan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rain Gutter Question [ 12 Answers ]

Hi. We're re-roofing our home and will be installing new rain gutters soon. Does anyone have any opinions on the leaf guards or gutter helmet products that are meant to keep debris out of the gutters? Do they work well? We have a lot of trees in the yard and many maples that make a mess in the...

DX System [ 2 Answers ]

Detailed design details of DX System

System [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir, I have a problem in my system i.e. it reboot automatically after some time interval. I have checked all the possibilities that solve this problem but I can't found the proper result. So please help me for solving this problem. ...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

New System [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone have a suggestion for minimum specs for a new business PC? Small business running Office and Quickbooks and tons of pictures for reproduction, Adobe Photoshop? Want a screaming desktop! I have one in mind, but am unsure of myself.

View more questions Search