Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dianne Ferrari Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 01:51 AM
    Aging Dog Problems
    I don't see a category for animal care so as my question is related to aging I've put it here. If there is a better place to pose my question please tell me.

I'm desperate. I'm am caring for a 15 year old dog who is deaf and nearly blind. He doesn't sleep for more than two hours at a time and when he wakes he wines until I hold him. There is no letting him whine himself back to sleep as his whining escalates to howling if I do not respond. I've tried keeping him in bed with me but he also wants to pace regularly and will wake me to do that. If I leave him to pace on his own he begins the whining to howling again after a few minutes. He is only calm for the brief time he sleeps and when he can sense me with him. He has also developed a ravenous appetite and wants to eat every few hours. His energy and appetite have become enormous. He's fine. I'm the one who is losing it, as I haven't slept through the night in weeks. It's like having a new born. As he has a heart condition and is on medication for that I don't want to give his tranquilizers or sleeping pills. But I've come close to strangling this dog who I deeply love. PLEASE send any advice you have soon. Thank you.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 03:03 AM

Seems like he is suffering from anxiety and may need medication. I would bring him to the vet for a senior health check. They run additional lab work . Something may pop up that will answer your Q.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aging of receivables [ 1 Answers ]

How can we estimate receivables by aging?

Aging schedule [ 2 Answers ]

Dec. 31,2006 My aging schedule has an Allowance for uncollectibles totaling $1320. The allowance for uncollectible acct. has a bal. of $1,400 on jan. 1,2006. During the year, bad debts of $750 were written off. What would all my journal entries w/ respect to uncollectible accts. & the allow. For...

Aging Schedule [ 1 Answers ]

An aging schedule shows a required balance in allowance for doutful accounts of $9600. If there is a credit balance in the allowance account of $2500 prior to adjustment the adjustment amount is $7100 True or False

Balance A/R aging to G/L [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to manually balance the A/R aging to the G/L but am having a lot of trouble. Is there a certain way to do this? I have printed the aging as of 11-30-06, and have printed the G/L from 11-01-06 to 11-30-06 for just the applicable A/R account. The G/L has a beginning balance, all of the...

View more questions Search