Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginamike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 09:52 PM
    Get dead husband to let go
    My husband of 10 yrs and father of my children was very sick with cancer for 4 yrs and got so tired of being sick and not being able to do anything with our kids took an overdose and died in the bed with me and at the time our 5 yr old son. That was 2005. Since then he has done things that let me know it was him and our 5 yr old has talked to him. 1 yr ago we lost our home to a house fire and have sinced moved in with my fiancé and I thought he was gone because Im very happy and my son hasn't said he has saw or talked to his dad me and my son are the only ones who have experienced things my other 2 haven't. Now I have started experiencing things again but not my son. I do still love him but I feel bad being with someone else even though he told me to be happy. How can I get him to let go and cross over without being mean or acting like I don't want him around?
    kaylle04 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Jul 20, 2009, 10:17 PM

Well I do want to tell you that I myself have been contacted by a dead person, someone I do not know but when I went to a haunted cemetery with 100's of dead children from the 1800's and a ghost went right threw me. I had dreams for months about this little boy and very crazy unbelievable things happen to me. I had to cleanse myself from the little boy. Burn some sage. Wait till he does something or gives you a sign of being there and doing so talk to you're husband and tell him how you feel get everything out in the open tell him point blank that you want to be watched over but you also need to let him go. Figure out what it is you want and tell him, he will understand that I'm almost sure of. Please keep in touch and let me know how things go for you. Also you may want to go see a "medium" for advice or to see what he truly wants. I've been told I have the ability to be a medium and this is my best advice for you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 20, 2009, 10:17 PM

He wants you to stop it with the guilt feelings that you have because you feel love for another man. He wants you to be happy, and, since he is no longer with you to take care of you, he is glad you found someone who loves you and will put you and your son first in his life.

He will let go when you let him go. You are the one keeping him tied to this existence. Let him go to do the work he must do on the Other Side to resolve all the reasons he took his own life. He will always be with you, always in your heart, while you walk upon the earth. Look forward to seeing each other again someday when you too pass over. He wishes you peace meanwhile.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 12:50 PM
    Wodergirl is right on the money here.

It is not him that is holding on to you, it is you, holding on to him.

You need to say goodbye to him, and let him move on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 01:42 PM

Yes, you have not let go, and while we always hold the person dearly ( I have buried two wives) we have to stay among the living and continue to live. Until you want to move on, and are ready to say good bye you will not have peace, but it is from you, not him. If you have not done grief counseling, I would advice it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ginamike View Post
    Now I have started experiencing things again but not my son. I do still love him but I feel bad being with someone else even though he told me to be happy. How can I get him to let go and cross over without being mean or acting like I dont want him around?

I am also a widow and my husband had a lengthy illness. Maybe you should look at this from another angle.

I will always love my husband. That doesn't mean I won't eventually also love someone else. You don't love one person at the cost of forgetting about another. Your late husband will always be part of your life - I don't know that signs from him (if you are getting signs) mean that he is unhappy or interfering or trying to control your life.

I have started dating and I find that I still stop more times a day than I can count because I think of my husband, remember something about our life together, pick up a book he was reading - he will always be with me, other relationships aside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dead husband in my dream. [ 6 Answers ]

I dreamt that my dead husband came to me and was holding me with love and comfort. When I woke up, the dream felt so real that I could still remember how I felt in his arms. A feeling that I have not had since his death 13 yrs ago. What does this mean?

Dreaming about my dead husband [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everyone, sadly my husband died 9 months ago, and lately I have started having very disturbing dreams which make me feel sad for days afterwards. I am sitting in the carriage of a train when someone tells me that my husband is in the next carriage. I go to the next carriage to find him...

Dead Beat Father and Husband [ 1 Answers ]

How would I go about filing child abandoment on my husband, when he is still in the home, and refusing to leave, but also not taking care of his family the way he should?

My dead husband has lift me holding the bag [ 1 Answers ]

My husband died 3 years ago come to find out he had got a credit card and put my name one it, now they are garnishing my wages and it is not my credit card.. Is there any thing I can do...

View more questions Search