Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kathrena Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 12:23 PM
    Stress Fractures & Running Shoes
    Hey, I've been diagnosed with two stress fractures, one on my right leg which was a lower fibular stress fracture and one on my left leg which was a lower tibular stress fracture. And I'm about ready to start running, I know running shoes are very important, thus being the reasons I am in this situation; out of ignorance I was running in some heel-less Jordans. I have came down to two running shoes... the Adidas Supernova W Glide and the Nike Air Pegasus +25 which one would be a better choice? Please let me know. I'm looking for shoes to let me accelerate and as well a really good cushioned shoe for Cross Country season is coming up. I need real good shoes to practice in. I run almost 30 miles a week.
    fishburn7 Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Jul 20, 2009, 01:31 PM

To tell you the truth 30 miles a week is not that much.

However the shoe thing... it all depends on what your feet like. Everyone's are different, and every show is different, even in one certain brand. Just getting running shoes should prevent your stress fractures if you really got them from running in jordans. But it takes a little bit of experimenting to find out what your feet really like. When I started cross country 6 years ago my first shoes were nikes and I couldn't stand them... they didn't last long at all, about a month or 2 at 40 miles a week, also I thought they were too firm, I tried new balance which didn't have enough long lasting cushion for me, all before I settled on asics gel kayano I think it's called? I don't know honestly but those shoes were the perfect amount of support and cushion and everything else my feet needed. So much that I have 4 pairs of the same shoe just updated every year sitting at home with 600+ miles on all of them.

You just have to find your shoe I guess.. a really good running shoe store would help with that or even your pediatrist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoes too Big [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right category, but here goes. (first time user) I just bought a pair of shoes that are a wee bit to big and flop off my foot the odd time when I walk - they where on clearance cannot return them. Any homemade remedies would be greatly welcome, thanks.:)

Weird feet & running shoes [ 4 Answers ]

I am unsure if anyone can help on this other than what I have already done. I have very high arches, however I still over pronate. I am a distant runner, marathon, and looking for best outcome of supportive shoes that will not negatively effect my running or cause injury. I wear high arch and...

Shoes [ 10 Answers ]

Wow ! Great ! Thank you people for the warm welcome ! Here is my first question.. We do not wear shoes at home as it is considered unclean . SO a pair of my shoes are kept outside in front of my door as it is used often and it is

Running shoes for high arches? [ 1 Answers ]

Can anybody recommend a good shoe? I run (mostly on the treadmill, sometimes outdoors) about 5k, 3 times weekly. I just can't seem to find a good women's shoe for my high arched feet. Would love to hear your recommendations! x MonikiChiki

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

View more questions Search