Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2009, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    we have cricket wireless with a USB wireless card.

it connects at 230.4 Kbps

is this good? because it runs really slow and disconnects alot. (infact i keep getting disconnected as i am trying to post this lol)
    If you're getting the boot all the time, it's your router that's the culprit, not the outside-internet connection.

At least with Comcast, they make bank by changing their service so frequently that you are forced to lease equipment from them, or deal with constant problems. They were able to disable options in our router, which is really a gateway, remotely, we can no longer use port forwarding.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 7, 2009, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    If you're getting the boot all the time, it's your router that's the culprit, not the outside-internet connection.

At least with Comcast, they make bank by changing their service so frequently that you are forced to lease equipment from them, or deal with constant problems. They were able to disable options in our router, which is really a gateway, remotely, we can no longer use port forwarding.
    Nah, I use comcast, and I've been using my SB5100 for years now. It runs as my gateway and my linksys router does all the NAT for me, with port forwarding. They even let you have outbound port 25 connections to remote mailservers. More than most cable ISPs do for a residential account...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

Internet wireless connection good but can't view webpages [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a new laptop and I set up a wireless connection. It says that I have an excellent connection but when I open internet explorer, I get "Page Cannot be Displayed" Is there something I have to set up in Internet Explorers to make this work?

Connection good but page will not load on xp [ 1 Answers ]

Have cable isp and page will not load using Firefox as broser

Cannot use internet but connection is good [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I read a lot of questions with the same problem but I can't figure it out. I have a router with wireless and cable connection. The cable (local area connection) works fine (100Mbps), but when I try to enable wireless does not work. It says "limmited or no connection" if I don't put an IP, and...

How to clean C.I. To make a good connection [ 3 Answers ]

I'm roughing in my basement bathroom... I've dug the trench and uncovered the old pipe which is looking pretty rough (my house was built in 1945). My question is, how can I ensure after I cut the pipe and piece in my PVC that I will get a good leak-free connection with the rubber couplers? Is...

View more questions Search