Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ineedinfo09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 08:31 AM
    Is it possible to view a map showing the name of a specific farm from 18th century ?
    HI,

I was wondering if its possible to view a map from 18th or 17th century showing the farm , Butt Hill farm on it. Meaning back then it must have had a different name , what I would like to know is what was it. :confused:
    Thank you
    Sam
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 03:04 PM

Do you have a current address for it?

I found this have no idea if it is what you are looking for
    Perhaps it was a different family who produced an incendiarist at Mr George Webster's Butt Hill Farm in February, 1875. A report in the Retford and Gainsborough Times reads,

'The fire was prevented from spreading to four other stacks. On Tuesday evening, a man named Drabble, living in the neighbourhood of Whitwell, gave himself up to the police at Whitwell, and on being taken before Mr Webster, and interrogated by him as to his reason for the dastardly act (a very different procedure from that of today!) his reply was that he had no particular reason, but that he was drunk and a fool.'
    http://www.wlhg.freeuk.com/book/part18.htm
    MikeonTelecom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 01:15 PM
    The quick answer is "usually" but it might not help you. Where is the farm? You can almost always find section and township information with plats at the local courthouse or wherever the records for that area are kept. Some of it is on-line, but not a lot of historical data in my experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Study of foreign languages in the 18th century [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing a paper on Gulliver's Travels for university and I would appreciate if you could help me with this question: Did people in the 18th century give any importance to the learning of a foreign language? Was it a normal practice to learn a foreign language? I am particularly interested in...

What does it mean when a specific number is always showing up in your life? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, my birthday is 05-05-1981 I was born at 5:01pm. There are 5 people in my immediate family. My husband is 5 years older than me. He was 5th serious boyfriend in my life. I have 5 brothers/sisters. I have had 5 of my family members die. I met my husband when my daughter was five, may of 2005....

Artist on 18th century painting [ 4 Answers ]

10203 10204Any help is appreciated! Thank-you

Hdd not showing in disk management but showing in device manager [ 1 Answers ]

I have my friend's hdd which crashed few daz ago then I connected it to my PC as slave but now its in the device manager and bios though not showing in MY COMPUTER,DISK MANAGEMENT.. help

View more questions Search