Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jul 21, 2009, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    This has not been passed and is stalled.

It doesn't pertain to ALL security clearances. As I said, the Feds and certain other exceptions will ALWAYS have access to this information.

We are talking about how it works now - not how it might work some time in the future.

I know it isn't passed Doesn't it say bill? It was something informational.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire View Post
    Don't even respond back to this post, I posted links to back up my statements. I still stick to my answer.

Please don't direct who will respond to you and in what manner. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...cy-372284.html.

Further, this is not the "what might happen" board. It's the legal board and it addresses the law NOW. And, yes, I can both read and understand NYS laws. I can also interpret them and make sure I cover all the bases when I post. I don't come back with additional information.

But I agree - the thread is over. The question has been asked and answered. Now the OP can decide who has direct knowledge and experience and go from there.

Jul 21, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Yes but it's okay for you to assume I have no experience with background checks. Classic.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 07:59 AM
    yes but it's okay for you to assume I have no experience with background checks. Classic.

Revenge reddie - makes you look small.

No, I'm making assumptions based on what you've posted.

You respond "according to the circumstances" (according to you) instead of the law - the law does NOT change "according to the circumstances." You "believe" this and that. I post what I know.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/real-e...te-372612.html

Again - this is not the "this is what might happen if the bill gets passed" board. That's the stuff of discussions. This is the law board. Please stick to the laws as they exist when you post.

And if you give a citation and explanation, please give the WHOLE explanation - in this case, that includes the exceptions.

Jul 21, 2009, 08:09 AM
    I would say it will - I often see records which contain information easily this old.

His conviction here in NY is a Class D felony, and since he was convicted, which is different from being charged. I believe it will show up.

Bottom line is in the beginning we said pretty much the same thing.

But because I said I believe it will show up, you questioned my answer. Please reread the post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Get rid of my felony [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get rid of my felony

Felony Violation of Felony Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I live in New York state, and this past week, my boyfriend, who is on Felony probation (and has already went through 1 out of 5 years) for criminal mischief, overdosed on heroin. He was caught with 2 bags of herion on him when the EMT and Police came. He then attempted to eat them so that he...

Fingerprinted but released no expanation [ 2 Answers ]

In 1975 I was with a friend in a parked car smoking a joint. Cops arrested us and took us to jail. They took fingerprints. I was held about an hour. I was in the army at the time, holding a top secret clearance. Cops call my CO. Cops then let me go no questions asked. I don't know why they...

View more questions Search