Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aqwarius Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Jul 20, 2009, 04:59 AM
    About parenting
    Does anyone know of a person (adult) who lost his/her mother in childbirth and was brought up without a mother but by an abusive blaming violent father? The question is strictly 'do you know of any adult who had this life experience'? So think carefully before you answer because it is a simple question 'Do you know of... '
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 05:02 AM

Yes I know of
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 05:10 AM

I posted this on your other post

You said "My last bid is to find another human being on this planet who shared the same life trauma as I did and find out how they have coped."
    I told you Bill Wilson

NO two people are going to have your exact life but he has had your life experience.

Order his DVD and see if you don't think so.
    - http://www.metroministries.org/shop/...p?idproduct=91 his life story

I bet it will help you a lot to watch it. He talks about his childhood and how he was abandoned and his experiences.

IF you still want to think he can't relate then I would have to go along with J_9 and say you ARE wallowing in self pity.

Pastor Bill Wilson is the Founder
    And Senior Pastor of Metro Ministries, America's largest ministry to children with branches in various nations. He is a well-known speaker, author, pastor and friend of poor inner city children all over the world.

Abandoned As A Child
    As a child, Pastor Bill experienced the pain and hopelessness of abandonment. One day, as he walked down a street with his mother, they stopped to sit for a while. She instructed him to sit there and wait for her to return. He sat and waited for 3 days straight. She did not return. A gentleman who had seen him sitting there for 3 days stopped and picked him up. The man was a Christian.
    Mission to Help Hurting Children
    Out of the pain, impoverishment and isolation of his own abandonment, Bill developed a heart of compassion for suffering children everywhere. From the ghettos of America to the garbage dumps of Manila to the sexual slave trade in Thailand, Bill has sought to rescue hurting children, offering a message of love and hope while combating issues like hunger, poverty, child prostitution, AIDS awareness, etc.

Founding of Metro Ministries
    As part of his commitment to serving urban children, he established the headquarters of Metro Ministries in 1980 in what was one of Brooklyn's roughest neighborhoods, the Bushwick community, most commonly known for its history of gang violence, crime, drugs, and poverty.

In this community, violence was a way of life and a constant threat. Over the years, Pastor Bill was beaten, stabbed and shot in the face. Yet, he persevered and refused to leave the area or give up on the children growing up in such an environment. After years of faithful service, his efforts began to really make difference, not only in the lives of children but in the community as well. Due to the success of Metro's programs, President George Bush, Sr. appointed Pastor Bill to serve on the National Commission on America's Urban Families in 1991. Metro's influence was also identified as a factor in the noticeable reduction of crime in the Bushwick community and the organization was featured on ABC's NIGHTLINE currently hosted by Ted Koppel in 1997.

Today, Metro Ministries spans the globe reaching out to thousands of children each week. During its fall and spring sessions, Metro ministers to over 22,000 children per week in New York City and over 20,000 in Manila, Romania and South Africa - totaling over 42,000 worldwide. After more than a quarter of a century, Pastor Bill, himself, is still driving one of the school buses to pick up kids for Sunday School. His programs, curriculum, and techniques are being duplicated in cities all over the world.
    Pastor Bill travels widely speaking in churches nationally and internationally each week.

Jul 20, 2009, 05:31 AM
    I am sorry but AGAIN you have not read my question!! Bill Watson had a mother and was abandoned. I am talking about no mother at all, in other words NO RELATIONSHIP MODEL with a mother. I sense you are very quick to project these American success stories (from rags to riches) when my question has not actually been understood. It is a better example to quote someone who has not become a high achiever because I am already a high achiever. That is not the question! I withdraw my question because the answers I am getting are projecting agendas rather than answering the actual question!

Jul 20, 2009, 05:36 AM
    I cannot believe that you have not actually read my question when you quote twice Bill Watson and his DVD. His experience is not the same as mine (eg. He walked down the street with his mother - I had no mother to walk down any street with!) and my question was SIMPLY to find another human being with THE SAME LIFE experience. There are nearing seven billion people on this planet. Is it such a hard question to answer! It seems to be such a hard question for anybody to actually grasp accurately without immediately projecting therapy theories!
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 05:38 AM

Like I said you shouldn't limit your life to wanting help only by someone has to experience exactly WHAT you experienced the same way you experienced it.
    You are limiting yourself and your life potential if you can only relate to someone that has had your exact experience.

If you are only willing to accept someone that had NO mum and raised by an abusive dad they may have had some different experiences in growing up that you would STILL say invalidates what you are looking for. Like maybe you could find such a person but then they say they had a favorite aunt they could turn to for a mother figure. '
    I have learned in life that we can learn from everybody and the more people we are open to learning from the more enriched our life can be. When we want to limit things to it has to be this or it has to be that we are not as enriched and we live more of a shallow existence.
    I am sure you can find people that had no mum and an abusive dad, but as I said you will still find something to invalidate them from being what you are asking.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 05:40 AM
    I have read your question but I am telling you do not limit yourself with everything has to be this or that, black or white. There is so much to learn in the gray areas and the colorful areas why shove yourself in one corner or one shade of black or white??

Jul 20, 2009, 06:04 AM
    Again you are projecting onto me stuff I did not ask for in my question. I asked a simple question and feel that you completely misread it as an opportunity to project your theories which may be well intenioned but I did not ask for that and to promote some American hero called Bill Watson!! This forum is about asking questions and I asked a straight question. I did not invite you to moralise or judge me regarding what you think I "should" do when in fact I DID NOT ASK FOR ADVICE. Please respect that. Perhaps the title you choose is apt because actually you are being of no help to me but just causing irritation that my question has been misunderstood and you do not know me, which is why I suggest you are not so uick to blurt out an inaccurate response. Give me a little credit please that I am 64 years old and have seen a fair bit of life. I have worked with disadvantaged people, drug addicts, youth criminals so please either answer my question or keep your views to yourself because the way you answered did not answer my question! I am sorry to be so blunt. And if you want the last word sobeit if it makes you feel good because I did not join this forum to get into a skirmish.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 06:09 AM

Okay I project that J_9 is right that you are in self pity or that you are just simply that narrow minded in your thinking.
    You do not know me either.
    I am glad you worked with all these people.
    I hope you find the person you are looking for that fits your life. Then once you meet them you can either tell us what they had to say that answered what you are seeking or if what we have told you is correct that it won't be some life changing experience finding them. I do understand your question you just do not like the reply. Also here is my last word...

I do wish you the best in what you are looking for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfit parenting [ 2 Answers ]

How do you prove an unfit mother?

Unfit Parenting [ 1 Answers ]

A family member of mine has recently moved away and taken her almost 2 year old daughter with her. When she lived here, she lived with her husband and daughter in a nice beautiful home. Days after they moved into that home it become so dirty that one day I found mold in my neice's bottle. They...

Unfit Parenting [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to determine what constitutes an unfit parent in the courts.

When did parenting become an option? [ 18 Answers ]

When did parenting become an option? When did it become socially acceptable for a parent or both parent to send their children away until they are "ready" to be parents? If they ever become ready? Sending your child from one person's house to another and then claiming to "LOVE" your child? ...

Bad parenting [ 2 Answers ]

What effect dose bad parenting have on the decision making of a young person?

View more questions Search