Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aiyerrc Posts: 135, Reputation: 16

Jul 19, 2009, 10:49 PM
    Congratulations to Me.
    DISCLAIMER: this is a rant. It is meant to be flamed, and agreed or disagreed with. It is sporadic and verbally jerky, but if you can get the message I am trying to convey, you will understand the haste and resentment for the way of the world when it comes to this for me. Some of you will think I'm beating a dead horse, but writing it down for others to see has already made me feel better, so thank you for your time in advance

I have come to a very daunting conclusion. The 5 women I have been in relationships with over the past 5 years have turned me into an . You see, when I was 16(21 now), I was as sweet and cute as a button. I was a great friend to a lot of girls I was attracted to and even a few that I liked. I would often be put in the friend zone because I was a very nice and funny guy. Now don't get the wrong idea. I am an attractive guy with a good body. I'm not the dorky nerd weighing a buck ten that all the girls would be nice to so they could copy my homework. I had random hookups I had my fair share of fun with girls, but when it came to relationships, I would just be super nice and funny and keep them happy as best I could. Unfortunately for the next five years, this is the opposite of what needs to be done.

you see, my last 2 relationships have ended because, imo, I was too nice and understanding. They have both said they felt bad when we broke up, although for the most part both were mutual breakups, because they felt like they were losing their best friend. That's all well and good, but women my age look for goals to set out and achieve and once they have achieved them, they are done with you. Unless you present a challenge, you will wear out in a mere matter of months. Now, I know this is nothing new to most of you but let me finish. This constant result in my relationship has lead me to one thing:i am now officially an . I tried for years to figure out why some of the biggest douchebags and emotionally detached people I know get some of the more attractive and funner girls.

the thing is, some guys are born with the gene. Some guys develop it. I am the latter. I relace now that for the better part of the next 5 years, I will have to be an just so I can get a girl to respect me. Most of your are thinking, well that's not true! My man is sweet and I'm sweet and we are so happy and in love! Congratulations on being in the minority. Women want s until they hit their mid 20's, then once they are ready to start settling down and are ready to act a bit more mature and less fickle. A good majority of you are the reason!

you spend 10 years molding every guy you throw by the wayside into an , then wonder where all the good guys are when you are ready to stop being immature and ready to be a grown up. They were there. They saw you go with guys who had way less to offer and treated you awful. They learned the golden rule of fickle girls: LESS IS MORE. The less you talk, interact, respect, pay attention to them, the more they want all of the afore mentioned things.

its sounds stupid I know, and some of the respectable people on here will completely disagree, but IN MY OWN EXPERIENCES, I have found this to be spot on. So again, the reason there are so few good guys in their later 20's for you ladies is because you made it that way. You only wanted the s of the world from the ages of 15-25. It'll take a couple of years to right the ship that is a man mentality.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 11:21 PM
    Disclaimer: sarcasm to follow.

Great post! I love the way you blame women for everything from the state of your emotions, to the reason that there are no good guys around.

Written by either a narcissist or by someone consumed with bitterness and resentment.

I don't suppose it occurred to you to take some personal responsibility for your choice of women? No, that would have been way too easy. You need to blame everything that's crappy in your relationships on women because that way you can absolve yourself of any blame.

Think about this - the relationships we choose reflect back to us how we feel about ourselves, furthermore, we tend to attract what we give out. If you act like an pu$$y in a relationship, then probably you'll get treated like one. If you try and give your partner everything they want in a relationship, then probably they'll take as much as they can and leave you dry.

In the end it's all about self respect - if you respect yourself and know what you want then you'll attract someone that respects you and the choices that you make.

You won't get women's respect by behaving like an a/hole or a pu$$y - you'll get it by respecting yourself!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 11:58 PM

So you're officially an arse and it's all our fault.

Wow, those women you dated have a lot of power over you. You must be very weak.

I wish you luck with the "being an a$$" thing. I don't think it will work very well for you, but you never know.

Personally, when I was younger, I like kind, caring, loving guys. The arses quickly got kicked to the curb.

Hey! Maybe you've always been an a$$ and that's why they dumped you. Think about it. Makes sense to me.

Good luck.
    chetatkinsLA Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2009, 12:15 AM
    I don't want to be fueling the fire here, but I have to say that I understand exactly what he is saying. Facts talk alone:

-2 girls I´ve loved to death dumped me.

-4 girls I kind of liked, but decided to not treat as well as the ones I really liked, I ended up dumping, and they would do ANYTHING for me.

I´m 26 and I can totally relate to what he is saying. I also have to agree that I have a LOT to do with what happened... not to say it´s all my fault, but I guess at least 60% was :D, but, all in all... I agree with what he says. I hope I find out that it´s not true some day soon :)
    COCADA Posts: 65, Reputation: 8

Jul 20, 2009, 12:37 AM

Nice, attractive, intelligent and genuinely good girls get dumped too, you really don't have to make this all about the MEN.

I am not changing who I am or becoming a mean girl just because someone I really loved and cared for dumped me. Sh** happens, that's it, who ever loves you will love you for who you really are, if they don't fu**'em.
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

Jul 20, 2009, 02:05 AM

It's all about how you carry yourself.

You cannot blame women for your failed relationships.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Congratulations Americans. [ 11 Answers ]

Today, I watched the american presidential election on television, from my home in Western Australia. Due too much of my adult life being during the bush years, I never really appreciated the beauty and goodness of the american people, until today. Watching the two amazing speeches, one of an...

Congratulations Rockers [ 1 Answers ]

Good Afternoon to All, I have not posted here at all, but read a lot of the mails, questions & answers going around. I have been amazed at how similar a lot of problems were & worried at how it looks as if these kind of things never seem to change with the times. Because I am a independable...

HUGE Congratulations - ScottGem [ 20 Answers ]

Our very own Computer Expert, ScottGem has been made Microsoft Access MVP 2007. Way to go Scott, been along time coming, but I'm glad Microsoft has seen sense and given you this amazing award. For those of you that don't know what an MVP is here's more information!! Microsoft Most...

Congratulations Scott! [ 16 Answers ]

I just want to congratulate ScottGem on being a newly published author! ;) It is nice to have such a high level of professionalism on Ask Me Help Desk. We are very lucky. InformIT: Microsoft Office Access 2007 VBA - $31.99

Congratulations Florida Gators! & new script Ohio [ 15 Answers ]

Boy they sure ruled the field. The Bucks looked like High Schoolers. Wow! Now I'll have to re-train my snake to heel at his new name :p

View more questions Search