Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guru_prasad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 11:34 PM
    How to access the account of deceased
    Hi

My father expired last month. I would like to enable my mom to access the savings bank account that he held in Vijaya Bank. Could anyone please help me with the formalities.

My father has not nominated anyone for the account.

Thanks
    Guru
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2006, 03:57 AM
    I am sorry to hear of your loss, guru.

You'd need to go to the bank to ask them if it's possible. I am not familiar with the laws of your area, but no doubt the bank would know.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 18, 2006, 08:06 AM
    Most likely you will need to prove that a) your father is dead and b) that your mother is his heir or executor. How you do that depends on the area you live in. The first should just need a death certificate. The second might require probate or absence of a will or some other things.

The bank should be able to tell you exactly what's needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotmail account access [ 6 Answers ]

After I sign out of my hotmail account I can log back in by using the History icon on my internet explorer. I do not have to enter the password to get back in. What do I do to correct this so I always need to enter my password.

Authorized User of Credit Card Account of Deceased - what now? [ 3 Answers ]

Unusual situation perhaps... I am the authorized user on a number of US credit card accounts on which my father was primary cardholder. My father recently passed away overseas (as a dual citizen of US and the country in which he died) and his estate is being handled by the court of the European...

Deceased account [ 11 Answers ]

Hi My parents recently passed away and I had to close there credit card from bank of america and the outstanding balance I owe since they did not have the credit card insurance. My parents also had this card connected to there overdraft protection on the checking account for which I kept but had...

Hear from deceased parents [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to hear from my deceased parents. My mom's name is marjorie and my dad's is dovie. I see that the psychic ranieri communicates with the passed. I miss them and need to connect in some way with them. Thank you, cwilliam

Stock in Deceased Father's Name [ 2 Answers ]

I recently found some stock certificates in my deceased father's name. He passed away about 10 years ago. The certificates are for 40,000 shares of Combined Penny Stock Fund, Inc. I found out that Combined Penny Stock Fund Inc. recently liquidated for $.01 per share. (Giving these stock...

View more questions Search