Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 03:48 PM
    Monitor Shutdown in XP Pro
    In "power options" in Control Panel in XP Pro, I have set my computer to shut down the monitor after 5 minutes. This worked fine for 4 years. Two days ago, it stopped working. If I reset the option, and restart, it works fine ONCE, then stops working again (unless I reset and restart again).

Far as I know, I did nothing new to the computer recently to account for this. A Google search didn't turn up any answers I could use.

Thanks.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 05:16 PM

Don't know, any changes to antivirus or firewall settings?

Any new installed sw recently?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Shutdown a PC over a WAN? [ 3 Answers ]

I know I can shutdown a computer on my LAN by going to start > run > cmd > shutdown -i I enter the computer's IP and then I shut it down. Works great to shutdown PCs to save on electricity. Is there a way to shutdown one of my computers in my home LAN over a WAN connection? For example, if...

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

Shutdown LAN [ 13 Answers ]

Dear all, Please help me in this matter , I want to shut down the LAN with password proetected.It Is possible. Please help me to do this to stop LAN from working... Please help me urgent

View more questions Search