Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kan418 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 01:27 PM
    instantaneous rate of change
    total amount of money in circulation for years 1950-2004 -
    M(t) = 3.044t^3 + 14,274.5t-139,433 where t represents number of years since 1950 and M9t) is millions of dollars
    1- How much money was in circulation in the year 1985
    2- What was the instantaneous rate of change of the amount of money in circulation in the year 2002?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 07:10 AM
    1. Find the number of years from 1950 to 1985. With that number of years, plug in that value in your equation and you'll get the amount of money in 1985.

2. Rate of change is given by the derivative of your equation. You should also know the amount of years there are from 1950 to 2002. Plug the amount of years in your derivative and you'll have the rate of change of the money.

I'd like to ask you if that is really the equation given. Clearly, the equation says that in 1950, there were 'a debt' in the circulating money... :confused:
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 07:11 AM
    1. Find the number of years from 1950 to 1985. With that number of years, plug in that value in your equation and you'll get the amount of money in 1985.

2. Rate of change is given by the derivative of your equation. You should also know the amount of years there are from 1950 to 2002. Plug the amount of years in your derivative and you'll have the rate of change of the money.

I'd like to ask you if that is really the equation given. Clearly, the equation says that in 1950, there were 'a debt' in the circulating money... :confused:

EDIT: oops, double posted... :o
    Kan418 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate of change of a volume of a balloon [ 2 Answers ]

Inflate a spherical balloon by blowing 1000cm³ of air into it every 5 secs: a) What is the rate of change of the volume of the balloon (in cm³/sec) at the moment when the radius of the balloon is 5cm? b) What is the rate of change of the radius of the balloon (in cm/sec) at the moment when...

My net pay increased due to new Fed rate - change in refund status? [ 4 Answers ]

Recently my net pay was increased due to the new federal tax break. I usually get a refund of less than $100. I have now heard that the new tax break will cause a huge change in the tax refund status for me and due to bringing home more pay may mean that I will now end up reinbursing on April 15...

Rate of change [ 1 Answers ]

When a rock is thrown into a calm pond, circular waves, which have the same centre, are created. Find the rate of change of the growing surface area which is enclosed by the outermost wave at time 4 seconds, given that its radius grows at 1 m/sec. At t seconds, let r be the radius, and let S be...

Newton's 3rd law / instantaneous acceleration [ 3 Answers ]

If for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction then when an object A strikes object B shouldn't the force involved be infinitely reflected between the two objects? On the same note, does the opposite reaction bit mean that when an object is acted upon it will move with twice the...

Finding the instantaneous speed [ 1 Answers ]

in a dotted line graph, the x axis is time in seconds, and the y axis is distance in meters. The slope of the line is 3/2, how do I find the instantaneous speed?

View more questions Search