Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chameleon Posts: 154, Reputation: 17

Jul 19, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Looking for a couple, last known city is Baden-Baden
    Hello,
    I'm in need of a bit of help. My Grandpa recently passed away and my Grandma can't find his personal address book in which the phone number of their German friends was written. I have the first and last names, but I'm unsure of the spelling. Intelius is useless since, as far as I can tell, it focuses only on the US.
    This is the information I have:
    First/last name (and variations)
    Last known City
    Age (+/- about 10 years)

My problem is that most of the German people finders that I've used are (aha) in German and I don't speak/read German, and my computer doesn't like to translate the pages very well. Any pointers in the right direction of finding a good people locator would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you.

*EDIT* I have a phone number that I found, but I'm also not sure of the calling code from the US How many digits would I dial after 011 49
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 12:41 PM

When is the last time Grandpa talk to his friends? Maybe Grandma has old phone bills.
    Chameleon Posts: 154, Reputation: 17

Feb 2, 2010, 01:32 PM

Hi, sorry I totally forgot that I had posted this. My grandmother finally found the address book and got hold of them, but thank you for taking the time to answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The old couple [ 2 Answers ]

The couple were 85 years old and had been married for sixty years. Though they were far from rich, they managed to get by because they watched their pennies. Though not young, they were both in very good health, largely due to the wife's insistence on healthy foods and exercise for the last...

Sewer gas smell a couple times a week. Last a couple of minutes, then gone. [ 2 Answers ]

We have a sewer gas smell in one of our lower bathrooms around 1 to 2 times a week. The smell only last for a couple of minutes, then it is gone. You can smell everything in the bathroom (toilet, air vent, shower) and it is simply in the air and nowhere else. When the smell happens, it is always at...

Will we Ever be a couple? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys I have known this Guy SAM*** for about 3 years now. I Met sam* through a friend and all 3 of us used to go to the cinema every so often. His college couse then moved over to my college and wa saw each other and spoke. I left college and started work. BBut we carried on going out...

The Old Couple [ 2 Answers ]

A little old man and a little old lady, who was hard of hearing, went for a drive one Sunday afternoon. After pulling onto the freeway a policeman pulled them over. "Can I see your drivers license?" asked the policeman to the little old man. "What, what did he say?" said the little old lady. "He...

Couple in H1 and OPT [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, We are a couple, one in H1, and one in OPT, what is the best way for us to file the tax? My understanding is we should file separately, one in 1040a, one in 1040nr, in order to get the OPT Exemption. Is this correct? Thank you very much.:)

View more questions Search