Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Another? That tags along with.
    This is a tag along question to a thread that is current running.. "Qualifications To Post on Christianity Board"
    Why do Non Christians come on and post in a clearly Christian based discussion?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2009, 09:51 AM
    I think they are themselves looking for someone to convince them of what God exists. I'll put it like they know He exists deep inside themselves, but they want to be convinced.

That's just my own opinion. :)

I've tried to follow discussions here, but they so often turn to fights... :(
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 01:35 PM

450, if you are christian, why are you concerned? Does God not tell us to spread his word among the non believers? If we do NOT allow nonchristians on this board, how are we to open their eyes and their hearts to our lord?
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    450, if you are christian, why are you concerned?? does God not tell us to spread his word among the non believers?? if we do NOT allow nonchristians on this board, how are we to open thier eyes and thier hearts to our lord?
    Sorry, did I confuse you? Never said or intended for this topic to be that. I am merely asking those that are non believers why they would come here simply to stir the pot so to speak. If that is really their intent or are they really seeking understanding.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 01:52 PM

Oooh yes I'm sorry you did confuse me :P I thought you meant that non believers have no place here. My apologies.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 01:52 PM

The non-Christians who have posted have had experiences, both good and bad, with Christians and Christianity. It amazes me how badly they are treated by Christians who supposed have written in the palm of their hand the two greatest commandments.

I vote for allowing anyone to post on the Christianity board. Non-Christians have questions, want to comment, want to vent and get explanations about their experiences of being treated shabbily by Christians whom they thought would know better.

The Christianity board is the absolutely, most perfect venue for "teaching all nations."
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 01:54 PM

I agree wondergirl, that it makes me sad to know that so many of the people in the world who are against christianity, are against christianity BECAUSE of christians.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    i agree wondergirl, that it makes me sad to know that so many of the people in the world who are against christianity, are against christianity BECAUSE of christians.
    Bingo!
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 02:01 PM
    Because they're interested in Christianity. I'm not sure why you would ask this question.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 02:13 PM

Mainly because many seem to not be interested in a discussion but rather to start an argument. And sorry WG, In my opinion this of all boards is not a place to "vent" their anger or frustration over how they perceive they have been treated by Christians.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 02:15 PM
    People of all denominations, including those that don't believe, are always wanting to get people on their bandwagon. Is ti much different than politics?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Mainly because many seem to not be interested in a discussion but rather to start an argument. And sorry WG, IMHO this of all boards is not a place to "vent" their anger or frustration over how they perceive they have been treated by Christians.
    All the more reason the Christians here can help them through their anger or upset and help them see God's love in the details. The ones who want to start and continue the arguments are mainly the Christians, not the non-Christians.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    All the more reason the Christians here can help them through their anger or upset and help them see God's love in the details. The ones who want to start and continue the arguments are mainly the Christians, not the non-Christians.
    You accurately point out that the main problem here is among Christians, rarely non-Christians.

(I tried to give you an "agree", but I already gave you one yesterday so I have to wait until my next birthday to do it again.)
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 02:47 PM

DC Talk said it best In my opinion

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today, is christians, who acknowledge jesus with their lips, and walk out the door, and live on by their life style... that is what an unbelieving world, simply finds unbelievable.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 02:47 PM

I come here to get a perspective from all types of people and to share my belief system as well.

Maybe I am playing devils advocate,but I like to mix it up.I am always hoping that people will see a new perspective and embrace it ,without recrimination.

Discussion is good and so is debate.

I usually get turned off however as it can become too contentious for my taste.

Just an old hippie and I'm all about peace and love and acceptance.I don't really fit in here too well :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I come here to get a perspective from all types of people and to share my belief system as well.
    Christianity isn't a rigid, black-or-white group of teachings surrounded by a fence. I always enjoy reading what non-Christians have to say about their own beliefs or lack of beliefs and how those can fit into Christian thinking. God comes to us where we are, even to old hippies.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Christianity isn't a rigid, black-or-white group of teachings surrounded by a fence. I always enjoy reading what non-Christians have to say about their own beliefs or lack of beliefs and how those can fit into Christian thinking. God comes to us where we are, even to old hippies.
    Right on! Or should I say write on :)
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 03:01 PM

Ok, what does DC and In my opinion stand for? Is this cnat speak? OMG!

Anyway, the reason for the "problem" is right here Don. The non-Christians go on and on because, no matter what they might say, some Christians don't see the "fence" around them and their belief.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 03:03 PM

No its not chat speak. DCTalk is the name of a band :P
    0EntitY Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jul 19, 2009, 03:59 PM

I think venting or criticisms are over the top and don't belong here. Rational opinions or questions should be all right though. I have been on quite a few Religious forums and every single one has been heavily attacked by Materialist Atheists to where no rational person would want to visit again. That is the sole purpose of these attacks, to STOP any and all Religious communication. Religious and Spiritual forums are heavily attacked by these evil intentioned trolls daily and these trolls are obsessively attracted to these forums like moths to light. These trolls can also be very clever in their attacks both overtly and covertly. I would hate to see that happen here, so please get rid of any user you suspect...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin tags [ 5 Answers ]

I hate this things I have some on my armpits and tiny ones on my face. How can I get rid of these without going to the doctor?:(

Tags for pack [ 2 Answers ]

I finally purchased a back pack for Rex, this week while we were in windsor. But here's the thing, he doesn't have a collar, all his tags are on his harness, and he can't have his harness on if he has his pack on. So I found a great tag online, I'm going to get it laminated and I will then sew it...

How much useful div tags for SEO [ 1 Answers ]

Ima presently working on my website seo, some people saying div tags are very use useful to increase the seo rankings, how can it possible, it is true? How much useful div tags for SEO ?

Skin Tags? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could help me w/ this problem or not. Okay should my hubby be concerned that he has a skin tag on his penis and is there any thing that needs to be done about it. Should he be worried or what?:confused:

Mp3 ID3 tags [ 2 Answers ]

I'm using the python language. Is there a way to read the ID3 tags? As of now I've been trying to read the file, get the string and search through it for specific things. But each version of ID3 is different. And it seems even when they are the same version, it may be written in a different way or...

View more questions Search