Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    volleychix13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jay1pizza
    Hello, I have a problem that has not been diagnosed.I have bad breath that can
    be smelled when my mouth is closed.If people sit next to me or if I walk
    by they gesture as if they detect it.when I brush my teeth,the smell never changes
    not even for a minute.Its as if I did nothing at all.I floss,tonguescrape and rinse.
    Even after eating no changes except people seem to sniff more or have even
    more reaction.It is 24 hrs a day.When I am resting in my room,someone come
    thru and itches their nose indicating they smell it.I keep myself clean so I know
    it is not a B.O. issue because I have heard the comments and slick hints.
    I have had deep cleanings,and dental procedures that does absolutely nothing
    for the problem.I always have a dry not so fresh taste in my mouth every day
    sometimes bad taste.I chew gum all the time and it does not even freshen the
    odor or mask it.Most times,i have to keep chewing the gum so it can cover
    up the bad taste in my mouth a little so I can give myself enough confidence and energy
    to open my mouth and speak.I even go to sleep with the gum in mouth daily
    so when I awake I can start chewing on it to avoid the even dryer mouth and taste.
    I also have to constantly put chap stick on my lips all year long.
    People have smelled my breath from 10 feet away or more.
    I believe something is going on that is probably the cause of all this for so many
    years but I am having difficulty getting a prognosis.I have something whitish on
    both of my inner cheeks.Some of it looks like jelly,mucuos or snot.I can move it around
    with my tongue but it does not come off.I believe this probably appeared little before
    or after a severe longterm tonsil infection,but not sure.I do know,I never remembered
    having anything whitish on my cheeks they were both all pink.However,I got the tonsils
    removed in 1997 and nothing changed. none of my family members have this film
    on their cheeks.Does anyone know what this is and maybe think that I can possibly
    be right with this suspicion that this film on my cheeks is the reason my breath smell
    so bad?
    Crew gum all the time get minty toothpaste and go see a doctor
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2007, 08:27 AM
    You might want to change your diet. Cut out or down greasy foods, fast foods and junk foods
    Try a digestion cleanser/detox from somewhere like GNC. Also rinse your mouth with one part water (or mouthwash) with one part peroxide a pinch of salt and a pinch of baking soda so that it is not very salty but you can still taste the salt (sounds bitter but it is actually sweet if you don't get too much salt)
    Also chew on fresh parsley or fresh mint if you want.
    CindyLynn Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2007, 02:50 AM
    Hi I'm Cindy also an RN. I would say in addition to the throat culture I would culture the jellied area on the inside of the cheeks. Thrush and strep are both white. Psuedomonous can have a jelly like appearance and REALLY REALLY stinks too!! They should culture your whole mouth and throat and just see what grows. But then also test your for HIV or see what other reason you could be overgrowing things like that in your mouth. Its something to do with your immune system for sure. Do you have health insurance to get these things taken care of? If not let us know where you are located and maybe we can research some local resources for you. Hope you feel better. In the meantime, try swishing with hydrogen peroxide and water.
    Cindy, RN, BSN, MHA
    jay1pizza Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Jan 2, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Thanks e'one for sharing your focuses.Nothing has improved.. May just have to
    Live with this debilitating physical aspect... To Cindy,yes I would like some
    Help and I have insurance to cover my medical.I live in the Jackson,Mississippi
    Area.Peroxide no effect but still optimistic there is something out there.
    Happy New Year Everyone!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bad taste in mouth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I had a root canal filling on a wisdom tooth 2 weeks ago. I have had a bad taste in my mouth ever since. For the past week I have been taking antibiotics as the root filled tooth became so painful. Now much better but still bad taste in my mouth. Any ideas?

BAD odor in house and garage [ 3 Answers ]

I have owned my house for about a year now and there has been a dead animal smell off and on during this time. The first time it went away I was relieved thinking it was over, however several weeks later it was back. I cannot find a leak, a dead animal or any clue to the problem. I know there is...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Bad Odor.. please help [ 6 Answers ]

I have a very horrible odor from my vagina, I know I am and ot alone in this because. I have tried looking for solutions online and have found many women with the same problem. I wash everyday with anti bacterial soap and I use cotton underwear. At the end of they day there's white/brown stuff on...

Bad Odor in Attic/Third Floor [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I assumed one of our cats "sprayed" upstairs in our third floor bathroom (converted attic). The smell has come back after two full floor washings with enzyme remover. The smell seems to be strongest under the bathroom sink. When we checked the adjoining kitchenette, it seems to...

View more questions Search