Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acsoz1126 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 05:47 PM
    Court weddings
    I am having a court house wedding in five weeks, and do no know what type of dress I should wear. I want to wear a wedding gown but feel that it could be too much. What should I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2009, 07:48 PM

Most people that I see doing the court house, wear regular clothes that they may wear to church. But I guess really a large group wear jeans, work clothes, even shorts and T shirts.

At least here, you go into the judges office during his office time and he sits at his deak, and you may either sit or stand. The service lasts 3 min or less.

But you can wear anything you want.

There are alos pastors in most areas that do weddings on location, in your home or there's.
    mywedding Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Most people that I see doing the court house, wear regular clothes that they may wear to church. But I guess really a large group wear jeans, work clothes, even shorts and T shirts.

At least here, you go into the judges office during his office time and he sits at his deak, and you may either sit or stand. The service lasts 3 min or less.

But you can wear anything you want.

There are alos pastors in most areas that do weddings on location, in your home or theres.
    I think it depends on the memories you want. I am getting married at the court house and will be wearing a very pretty dress. Its not a wedding gown but it is special. Jeans and t-shirt??
    wendykay Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2009, 10:35 PM

i am also getting married in the court house in a weeks time. i will be wearing a white formal dress coz i want it to atleast be a bit special although its not the way i wanted my big day to be. but i want my husband to be to see me as the most beautiful woman on our big day and i also want to feel as the most beautiful woman, so i dont really care if its silly wearing a fancy white formal dress, coz at the end of the day its our special day and no one elses. i think you should wear what you want and in what you will feel special in even if others think its silly.
    Serenity2009 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

Oct 15, 2009, 08:05 PM

You can wear what ever suits you. My m had a courthouse wedding in full attire and had a few guests she said ot was easier than taking marriage courses

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court house Weddings In Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

What court house in atlanta do I need to go to for a wedding?

Court house weddings [ 3 Answers ]

How much will it cost me to get married in seminole county court house

Courthouse weddings [ 1 Answers ]

I am suppose to be getting married may 30th this year. We want simple and I know people get married at the court house but how where do I go how do I find out. Vegas is so far just cheap and simple help please

Two weddings on the same day [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been invited to two weddings for the same date and time. One is for our next door neighbor's daughter, who used to babysit for us. The other invitation is for our other next door neighbor's daughter, who went to school with our sons. The weddings are for the same day, one at...

Two weddings same day [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have two weddings on the same day. I have a friend from high school whom I see only when a very close mutual friend of both of ours comes in from California. I was married 5 years ago and I asked my friend who is getting married to sing in our wedding ceremony. My husband and I also...

View more questions Search