Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prabhakarthik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Usb wifi modem device not working properly
    Every time I try to connect to internet through a usb-wifi it says local only and as a result of this status I am not able to browse. Meanwhile other laptop in this range are working fine. I can't understand why this device is behaving very odd
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2009, 05:04 PM

What company is it from?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2009, 09:32 PM

Do an ipconfig /renew from the cmd prompt. Also provide the results of ipconfig /all as it pertains to the adapter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB Cable Modem - Device Manager [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Up until yesterday the internet was working on my PC. I have a Webstar modem connected to the PC through an Ethernet cable. When I tried to connect to the internet yesterday it said that the ethernet was unplugged (which it wasn't). I know its not the modem or the cables as I can still...

Wifi vs Wireless and AT&T's Free Wifi Service [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! I'm computer illiterate, and have a few questions. Please feel free to explain the most basic details. :) One, is wifi the same as a home wireless internet connection? If I disable Wireless Zero Configuration, could someone still utilize my free public wifi service at hotspots? ...

PCI modem not working [ 1 Answers ]

My modem used to work fine, then fomatted the HD, now it won't work. As far as I can tell it's a HSP56 Audiomodem riser. It is installed in the PCI1 slot on mobo. When I try to install it on windows98se it places it on com4 (I don't have com4 just com1 which is in use) which the computer won't...

Device Manager - Modem Not Uninstalling [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2.8Ghz computer running Windows XP, I have decided to set up a network and so I need to change my Cable modem from its current USB connection to a Ethernet connection in order to set up the network. However, when I go to Device Manager to uninstall the USB modem, it says: "Failed to...

View more questions Search