Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malissia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 04:26 PM
    Ceiling Fan
    My outdoor ceiling fan stopped working by the remote why? My remote is in good working condition.
    malissia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2009, 04:29 PM

Why have my outdoor ceiling fan stopped working by the remote control? My remote is working.
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Jul 18, 2009, 06:21 PM

How do you know the remote is working? Did you change the battery in the remote? Sometimes the battery has enough power to activate the LED, but not enough power to transmit to the fan receiver.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 12:27 AM

Does the LED still light on the remote?

Does the fan have pullchains?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I shop for to get ceiling light on cathedral ceiling straight down? [ 11 Answers ]

I have a cathedral ceiling in a modualr home. Cheap ceiling fixtures I want to replace. Primarily, I dislike how the fixture is angled onto the cathedral ceiling. Are there fixtures that mount with the base onto the cathedral ceiling angle but then the part that hold the lightbulb can pivot so that...

Installing Ceiling Fan - where do I attach the pink wire from ceiling? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchases a Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan. From my ceiling is a white, black, bare (ground), and pink wire. The fan has white, black, and green (ground). I tried capping the pink and connecting white to white and black to black and nothing works. Please help me with the...

Mounting a ceiling fan in room w/ no ceiling light [ 9 Answers ]

I have a room that was an add-on and there is no attic for this room and no ceiling light. I need suggestion on how to mount and wire a ceiling fan w/ a light.

Ceiling light on makes ceiling fan turn off [ 6 Answers ]

I installed 2 ceiling fans yesterday in two separate and am having the same problem with both. Before I removed the old fans I disconnected 1 wire at a time from the ceiling to see what stopped working. So I think one wire is the neutral and made both light and fan stop working, 1 wire was for...

Water mark with mold on ceiling of 1st floor ceiling [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I've just noticed a fairly large water mark with mold in the center located on the ceiling of a downstairs closet - I believe the closet sits below an upstairs shower. I'm a new home owner and would appreciate your advice on what sort of questions I need to ask a plumber to resolve...

View more questions Search