Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evelyn1989 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2009, 09:11 AM
    Not sure if he's interested or just attracted and should i act on it?
    Attraction and taking interest in someone is two different things right?

Am just curious, cause me and this guy, we are from the same small faculty at our university. In the past year I used to see him ard once in a very very long while. I thought he would glance at me once or twice but I can't remb now. Now during the vacation, we've been involved in the same sch camps. The first one a few weeks ago, I thought I saw him observing me out of the corner of my eye... but I don't really notice or observe him a lot so I'm not sure if I'm just daydreaming or sth.

But there was this incident at another camp a few days ago where we were in the same lift, he came in stood beside me, quite close and glanced down at me for awhile. There were a few occasions where he seemed to be ard my vicinity talking to people or looking in my direction but I'm never too sure. We had this weird 2-3 sec eye contact thing in a train cabin. He was watching me as I was talking to friends, so feeling uncomfortable, I looked up, he held my gaze and then looked away. =/ And another time when he left the table I was at and after walking for awhile, he turned round to scan the place and looked at me for abit before carrying on. We had this meeting a few days ago, and he seemed to be looking at me once or twice, esp when I entered the room...

So yup, I don't really know what is going on and what should I do about it, talk to him? I'm seeing him next week.. yup. Thanks! :D

Jul 18, 2009, 09:16 AM

Oh, he doesn't have a girlfriend by the way. And we have never spoken to each other.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 18, 2009, 09:35 AM

A better question would be: "What do you want?"

Sounds like he just sees you everywhere, but since you two never spoken, you have awkward moments. He obviously too shy to approach you, so he's just going to keep glancing at you. He's probably wondering the same things you are. "Why doesn't she talk to me? I see her everywhere."

One of you is going to have to overcome your shyness and approach the other. Otherwise, you will probably have to continue the awkward glances. Since you're the one coming to this forum asking for advice because you feel uncomfortable. Since we have no idea what's really going on in his mind, maybe you should approach him to relieve some tension.

Jul 18, 2009, 07:06 PM

^ Hey thanks for the answer. "sounds like he just sees you everywhere": well obviously, haha, cause we are in the same camps, you can't go very far without keep having to bump into the same people over and over again. Even though he sees me everywhere, he doesn't have to keep looking, in my opinion...
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2009, 07:31 PM
    Go talk to him. What's to lose? Live a little. Tell him to call you so you two can talk for a change. Good luck.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 06:39 AM

Take a chance and try to talk to him. Like JmJoseph said: you have nothing to loose!
    bassplaya284049 Posts: 10, Reputation: -3
    -

Jul 19, 2009, 06:03 PM
    He sounds interested. Im shy myself and I do the same thing to mayn girls that I'm to nervous to talk to. It sounds like he has trouble opening up tp people. Take a chance and talk to him, you may just make his day;);).

Jul 22, 2009, 03:49 AM

^ haha well.. I tried to talk to him today. Well I didn't have a choice cause we worked on sth tog.. and he seemed quite unresponsive and quiet. I've noticed he can be really loud and noisy and rowdy ard his own friends. And he's quite normal with people he just met also.. shrugs. Haha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why doesn't he seem interested or attracted to me anymore? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years. I am living with him in his home with his family. I am 24 years old and he is 36. I take care of his son and his parents and their home. I do everything that I can to make things easy for him. I don't nag him. He goes out at night because of his work...

Maybe he isn't attracted to me. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been living with my boyfriend for over 2 years now. He is 36 y/o and I am 32 y/o. When we first met, he made it very clear that he doesn't believe in marriage and wasn't planning on having any more kids. He has a daughter(14 y/o) from his previous relationship. I am OK with not getting...

Why am I attracted to someone else? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and we just had our first child 6 months ago but in the last couple of months I've been getting really close with one of the guys I work with but to a point where I feel strongly attracted to him. Nothing has happened between the 2 of us and he doesn't talk...

Is he attracted to me? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello,I am a 26 yr female my partner is 27.we have been in a relationship for 4yrs with a 16mnth daughter.im having trouble with our sex life or lack of.my partner just seems to not be interested in me anymore.since having our daughter,people have told me it's the best I've ever looked,I have no...

Attracted or not [ 20 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone please shed some light on this. I am 34 years of age and for the past year I have had my eyes set on this younger women, she's around 22 years old. We saw at the gym around 1 year ago, we looked at a few times from a distance, each time I looked, she was looking back, the feeling...

View more questions Search