Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ivasyk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 05:15 PM
    How does our understanding of life in the universe affect our knowledge of ourselves?
    I was just wondering what other peoples opinion is on this matter.
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 3, 2006, 02:12 AM
    I am wondering a lot about this topic myself, as everyone is at some point in their lives.
    We always want to know more, to understand not just how we work but why we work like that... we want to tap into the weath of knowlage that each of us seems to have locked away... we want to know if einstein was right when he asid we only use 10% of out brain capacity...
    Since no one knows how to find this out.. we go back to the start and try to find how we began, and so the biggest question of life is asked... how were we created? The big bang? God? Something we haven't thought of?
    As humans we have been given not the knowlage of the universe but the curiosity to seek it
    I hope I helped
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Apr 15, 2008, 11:54 AM
    It seems to me odd that there are so few answers to this question that you asked over two years ago.

This question could be taken at least two ways. When you say "our understanding of life in the universe" you seem to be implying that there is other life in the universe that we somehow understand. The phrase "life in the universe" would be generally taken to mean life other than that on the Earth. And we don't understand it at all.

Or you could be referring to our place as living creatures in the universe. We are so isolated at the present time from the rest of the universe that it seems almost irrelevant to refer to ourselves in that way.

But scientist are beginning to learn, for example, that the various atoms that compose our bodies and the rest of the world we know, were formed in exploding stars and other exotic processes that occur in remote places in the universe. It is an ever-expanding body of knowledge that will ultimately reveal that we as human beings are tied to the rest of the universe down to the very core of our being.

In short, the more we know about the universe, the more we will know about ourselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help understanding my Ex-Girlfriend's actions [ 7 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend left me a voicemail asking me how I was about a week ago. Then she talked to me early on Valentine's Day but her cousin was on the phone with her and the call was short like 5-10 mintues. Her cousin then called me a few days later with her on HIS phone and the call was short...

Big Bang & Ages of Earth/Universe [ 16 Answers ]

Has modern science proven the ages of the Universe and the Earth? Also, has science retreated on the theory of the Big Bang, or do most astronomers still hold to this theory?

Laws of the Natural Universe [ 2 Answers ]

1. Law of Mechanical Repair: After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch or you'll have to pee. 2. Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner. 3. Law of Probability: The probability of being watched is directly...

Understanding: [ 42 Answers ]

Why should people believe that all religious understanding is relative and that no one interpretation is absolute? HANK :confused:

Understanding maximum wattage [ 1 Answers ]

I have two floodlight fixtures on a single switched circuit. Each fixture has a pair of 150 watt bulbs for 300 watts per fixture or 600 watts on the circuit. I want to replace one of the fixtures with a fixture that has a motion detector as is commonly sold in hardware stores. Like the fixture...

View more questions Search