Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clasyladi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 10:34 PM
    Invisible bugs in my recliner
    For the past few days, every time I sit in my favorite recliner (which I do every night while watching tv), I feel something very tiny crawling on me and I scratch and feel but there is nothing there. I can't see anything nor can I feel anything. I have read other posts that indicate they get bitten and have bumps or some sort of irritation on their skin, but I don't have anything like that. It isn't even like they're biting.. only crawling and when I rub or scratch it, it stops in that spot and moves to another... although there are several at once most of the time. They get on my scalp, on my arms, legs and even in my panties and bra. What the heck are they and how can I get rid of them?
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 17, 2009, 10:45 PM

Perhaps they are bed bugs or fleas, although those generally bite. Or perhaps mites or lice?

They don't leave any marks at all?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 18, 2009, 02:35 AM
    If there is no skin irritation whatsoever, my first guess would be cobwebs. Spider silk is nearly invisible and brushes against the tiny hairs on one's arms and legs, feeling like something crawling.

Other causes might be a change in airflow or static electricity.

If a "bug" of any type crawls on you that you cannot see, it's usually a parasite that will bite.

Try vacumming the chair to get rid of fibers that might be doing this, first.

Jul 22, 2009, 01:57 PM

Okay Insani, if your goal was to make me paranoid and even skinnier than I already am:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 22, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Insanitisation,

This information deserves its own topic line. I am moving this into a new question so more people will see it.
    insanitisation Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2009, 04:49 PM
    No I would never try to make you paranoid, I have been on the edge of a breakdown and almost lost my children when environmental health told me I had nothing in home making my kids ill, week after week I begged Dr's and hospital staff to test my children for parasites as they could be fine one minute and having tempretures and muscle spasums the next. My daughter was convinced her skin was flaking off on her head and jumping onto the walls and I have sat up night after night with my children in tears because they felt like their skin was on fire or dipped in acid as my older son said but all we could prove were red spots like "gnat bites" I don't want to scare anybody I have been petrified enough for a whole population and everything I researched I thought I had, bugs, slugs, insects, black mould, stachybotrys spores, free radicals, borax poisoning, you name it and if the symptoms fitted I went and got the cure (and failed) my own mum even asked If I would have camels in my freezer next, I can understand people saying it sounds insane because after 2 months I went to a mental health unit to ask for help because I couldn't take any more and if this was in my head then at least I could get treatment and it would stop. It wasn't in my head and it is still happening today, I am living in a decaying warzone both from body and home and it has already cost me thousands and Im angry at the fact my children are suffering because of Dr's and health officials ignorance and bare faced cheek to deny this exsists when there are thousands of people begging for help from the same symptoms. As it isn't an animal, mammal, insect or anything else like that, the governments are responsible to find a cure or pay damages to people who have suffered so if they say your mad then they save money and they don't have to live in it so why would they care. As this fungus is all over me I intend to visit parliament and infect the health officials lol (wishfull thinking), sorry to worry but I wish I knew months ago what I know today, tea tree oil is my only comfort and a solution of 1 cup bleach-1 gallen of water to wipe down walls and ceilings etc on a regular basis and a few drops of tea tree with some baking powder in your washing machine will keep them from rotting your clothes. I hope you know I'm only trying to help :)

Jul 22, 2009, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Insanitisation,

This information deserves its own topic line. I am moving this into a new question so more people will see it.
    Thank you, I only hope it helps some people. I have pictures galore as It was my only way of proving to myself I wasn't insane but I'm unsure how to get a photo URL so I will ask my 13 year old son to do that for me :)

Jul 22, 2009, 06:50 PM
    The feeling of something being in your clothes was also my first signs and the clothes tags would always be rolled up (like when a caterpillar cocoons inside a leaf and they use webbing to pull the leaf around themselves to form a tube) and if wearing loose light wieght trousers you can actually see the legs "indent" towards your skin when you feel the sensation, but nobody would look for a thread or fiber as the cause and therefor presume nothing was there or maybe "the thing" was transparent. I even wondered if I was causing a static reaction because I would watch in horror as crisp packets or plastic bags would curl up or indent as if being vacuum packed right in front of me and the noise of the plastic bags frightened me to death as I never found so much as a fly inside them. Ghosts, monsters etc would in no way nor have they ever frightened me but not knowing what "insect" was doing this and causing such reactions with bites was enough to make me leave lights on and not sleep at all. Lack of sleep is enough in itself to make you see things that are not there but I can assure you I have photos, videos and samples ready for the next officail who dares call me crazy or tells me Im just finding life stressfull with 4 children and not managing to keep up with my house cleaning because ALL I have done for 14 years is clean house and bring up my children and I can honestly say I have always been praised for how well kept my home is and how well looked after my children are and I am proud of that.
    If you do have this fungus you will find what I can only describe as cobwebs but these webs are tubular looking with 1 rounded end (tadpole or sperm shape) and they seem to darken quickly where as cobwebs would take weeks of accumulating dust to even look light brown, these ones can go from white to brown in hours and to black in days and these are acually the fungus and you will notice either 1 or 2 "dots" or "spots" in each of these webs and this is when the fungus is sporing so if you see these then use a WET cloth and remove it without delay and put in a sealed bin outside the home.
    You can find lots of info on this fungus for instance

http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/pdf1994/illma94a.pdf

Yet "it is imaginary & you are all insane" ;)

You may notice small flecks of wood, paintwork, wallpaper, tissue will appear around your home and usually in that kind of "tadpole" shape, please don't think you have seen the movie (23) far too many times and maybe these same shaped mystery debries are a warning lol it is in fact where the fungus has landed on the wood, wall, floor, food or whatever and caused it to rott. I also have a few pigmentation looking marks on my arms in these shapes that formed after "being biten" so make sure you have salt and vitimin c in your diet to try and keep the fungus from attracting to you, because I have no clue if my skin has changed that way from bacteria on the fungus or if it more serious and until I can take all my evidence to a Dr who knows about this, I will just have to hope that it is nothing more than slight scarring and If 1 person reads this and prevents their problems becoming as bad as mine, then I am happy that my families suffering wasn't all for nothing and the fungus won't win every spitefull invasion.
    Athletes foot symptoms will sometimes spring up if you have this fungus along with nail infections, enemia, protene in urine, viral infection/viral rashes, and rapid tooth decay. (I STRESS THESE ARE NOT IN ANY WAY CLASSIC SYMPTOMS, ONLY SYMPTOMS MY OWN FAMILY ARE EXPERIENCING AND MAY BE UNRELATED SO Don't GO LOOKING FOR SPORES IF YOU ARE SUFFERING THE ABOVE MENTIONED PLEASE OR YOU WILL DRIVE YOURSELF MAD)
    However, should you find you do have this fungus in your home and you DO have athletes foot I can only advise you NOT to try and air your feet as you normally would with athletes foot, because the bacteria will feed on the fungi intil it reaches healthy tissue and then gain entry and cause more problems. My poor daughter has raw toes that bleed because I made her wear crok's thinking I was helping to get her better and I hate myself for that every time she cries when I apply anti-fungal cream to her feet. My only wish is to give you as much info or advice as I possibly can to prevent anyone else making my mistakes, and as I know there is little help out there from anyone you would expect support from. I am not a Dr or microbiologist but I will share my experiences even if you read this and think I am nuts, prevention is better than NO cure in my opinion :)

Jul 22, 2009, 06:56 PM

Yeah, well, I'm still living in a bubble.

THESE LACE PARASITES WILL NOT GET ME! I REFUSE!

XD

Jul 22, 2009, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid13 View Post
    Yeah, well, I'm still living in a bubble.

THESE LACE PARASITES WILL NOT GET ME! I REFUSE!

xD
    LOL and with microbes, zoology, ameobas and free radical atom particals as well as DNA structures and every synthesis I've looked up and convinced myself would be the death of me, I'm still willing to step outside my bubble and let the world know that me and "my overactive imagination" won't be silenced even if public humilliation or death by panty elastic are what I have to face, don't waste your life being frightened of what you may never have to face, just remember that whatever issue you have at whatever time in your life, there is ALWAYS someone who is going through that same thing but may be in a worse state than you feel so why not use the energy you need to wallow, to share your experience and maybe help them get through it? Knock on effect, that's how we all get through life, with support. Never walk away from someone in need, because you never know if you will hit rock bottom one day and be in need yourself, your too young to give up life and hide away, fight your way through it and stick 2 fingers up as you look back on what you have overcome :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone found a solution for the invisible biting bugs [ 24 Answers ]

I'm just wondering if all of us that are experiencing these invisible biting bugs have something in common. The reason why I say that is that these things only attack certain people. Has anyone explored a possible link to prescription drugs? I myself take about 5 different prescribed drugs. ...

Invisible biting/stinging bugs [ 59 Answers ]

We live close to several farmer's fields and have gotten overwhelmed by some type of grain mite. As of yet, no one has been able to identify which specific type. Have tried many different sprays along w/ the exterminators advice. Anyone know how to get rid of these things. We have lost a couch...

Car bugs that bite and invisible are not your imagination [ 3 Answers ]

Need help, have bugs that have invaded my car. Like one responder wrote, these bugs bite a lot then sometimes at all. I have to shower and wash my clothes because before I realized what they were I was bringing them in house, had professionals to fog and spray house several times to get rid of...

What are these almost invisible biting bugs in 1 room of our house? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Colorado and for the last year we are getting bites from some invisible flying bugs. We have bombed the entire house, sprayed the front and back yards including the foundation of our house as well. The bites are small raised red bumps that really itch. They seem to bite more at night. ...

View more questions Search