Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichelleBelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 04:32 PM
    Thank you card Etiquette
    I recently got married, and have finally sat down to do all of my thank you notes. First I am doing the wedding shower thank you's. But I'm stumped! Should I send a thank you card to those who didn't give a gift? Also, we had an uninvited guest come who didn't bring a gift. Do I need to send them a thank you?

And the same for the wedding. There were some guests who didn't give a gift. Do I need to send them thank you cards for attending?

Thanks in advance for any tips you can give me!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 17, 2006, 04:58 PM
    It was always my belief that you send a card to each member who attended. Of course you have to word it differently for those who did not give a gift. Maybe some could not afford a gift at the time. But they should be thanked for attending.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 23, 2006, 05:48 PM
    Its my understanding that the thank you is given to acknowledge the gift only.
    bubbler_77 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 04:32 PM
    I agree as above that you send cards to people that have given you a gift as a thanks for the present !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tipping etiquette [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I went to a hair salon and had my hair straightened.. I paid $300 plus $70 tip.. 3 days later my hair was wavy again so I had the stylist re-do it . She didn't charge me for the service again but she did charge me for the hair supplies which came to $25.00. Should I have tipped...

Wedding etiquette [ 10 Answers ]

Is it okay to wear a black dress/like a cocktail dress to an evening wedding?

Proper etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

One of my closest friends is getting married and I am in the wedding party. Things are getting quite pricey between dress, shoes, bridal shower, bachlorette party, not to mention the cost of the hotel room for the weekend. The reception is at a very nice place and unfortunately that nice place...

Wedding Etiquette [ 6 Answers ]

My sister's daughter is getting married soon. Sister is widowed and dating a guy (for several months). Sister wants Date to sit with her in the first pew (Sister will be walked down the aisle to sit in first pew). Daughter says it is her wedding and she does not want date to sit in the first pew...

Online forum etiquette [ 8 Answers ]

When you ask for advice on a forum, and then someone replies, is it customary to thank your respondent afterwards? Or is this considered an unnecessary waste of forum space?

View more questions Search