Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helk143jh Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Jul 17, 2009, 06:45 PM
    2yr old masturbating?
    Hi, I am very concerned for my 2yr old son. I noticed the other day when I put him down for his nap that I could hear something that sounded like rubbing against sheets. I looked on the video monitor and saw him laying on his stomach with his hands under him, rubbing and moving his legs! I don't know if he is masturbating or just rubbing or something, but he was doing it again tonight! I didn't think boys did it THIS young! I know girls are known to rub themselves when they are little, but I thought boys started around 11yrs or something? If anyone knows anything, please can you help me?
    My son isn't cared for anyone else but me, and he has NEVER seen me and daddy do ANYTHING. So I really don't know what to think. :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2009, 07:16 PM
    If girls can do it, why can't boys? This is normal exploration.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 07:18 PM

Its normal hon. Relax.

Simply make sure he understands that this act is a PRIVATE matter and that 1: he should never do it to another person, and 2: another person should never do it to him.

I was concerned about this as well a few years ago but my pediatritian assured me it was normal.

Its not that he is masterbating, it's that he has discovered that it feels good. He isn't doing it for the sexual pleasure. And in fact it may be helping him to relax down for sleep

However keep your eyes on him. If you start to notice that he is obsessing over it (doing it several times a day, not just at night time before bed) then he may be having a stress problem. My daughter did it CONSTANTLY all day almost, because my husband and I were constantly fighting (im sorry to say we were stupid and irrisponsible and fought right in front of her :( ) and we almost were divorced, and me and my daughter moved in with my mother for 6 months before working it out with my husband and she was very very stressed and using masturbation as a stress reliever.

Good luck hon. If you are concerned about how much he is doing it, talk to his pediatrition.

Jul 17, 2009, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    its normal hon. relax.

simply make sure he understands that this act is a PRIVATE matter and that 1: he should never do it to another person, and 2: another person should never do it to him.

i was concerned about this as well a few years ago but my pediatritian assured me it was normal.

its not that he is masterbating, its that he has discovered that it feels good. he isnt doing it for the sexual pleasure. and in fact it may be helping him to relax down for sleep

however keep your eyes on him. if you start to notice that he is obsessing over it (doing it several times a day, not just at night time before bed) then he may be having a stress problem. my daughter did it CONSTANTLY all day almost, due to the fact that my husband and i were constantly fighting (im sorry to say we were stupid and irrisponsible and faught right in front of her :( ) and we almost were divorced, and me and my daughter moved in with my mother for 6 months before working it out with my husband and she was very very stressed and using masterbation as a stress releiver.

good luck hon. if you are concerned about how much he is doing it, talk to his pediatrition.
    Oh thank god
    I was concerned! My fiancé and I argue a lot in front of him! I know it is not good AT ALL. I don't know if I should leave or what? I know that I can't argue anymore. It's over ridiculous stuff also. I don't know, thank you so much for your advice. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 07:56 PM

Arguing over rediculas stupid things is also normal :) especially in a new relationship/marriage. My hsuband and I have been married for 3 years (in october) and boy can we STILL go at it!

*edit*
    As a couple you will learn a lot about each other, even more than you did before in the beginning of your relationship, and even more again once you start living together (if you haven't yet) and this will cause friction. Its part of the learning process. You will have to learn how to interact with each other and how to compromise. The most important lesson I can give you is 1: NEVER go to bed angry with each other. And 2: TALK TALK TALK HONESTLY WITH Each other. Don't have any secrets and tell each other how you are feeling ALLWAYS>

Congratulations on the marriage :) and good luck with 'touchy feely' boy :P hehe

Jul 17, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    arguing over rediculas stupid things is also normal :) especially in a new relationship/marriage. my hsuband and i have been married for 3 years (in october) and boy can we STILL go at it!!

*edit*
    as a couple you will learn alot about eachother, even more than you did before in the beginning of your relationship, and even more again once you start living together (if you havnt yet) and this will cause friction. its part of the learning process. you will have to learn how to interact with eachother and how to compromise. the most important lesson i can give you is 1: NEVER go to bed angry with eachother. and 2: TALK TALK TALK HONESTLY WITH EACHOTHER. dont have any secrets and tell eachother how you are feeling ALLWAYS>

congratulations on the marriage :) and good luck with 'touchy feely' boy :P hehe
    :p That's too funny! Thank you so much for the advice, I will definitely take it all into consideration. Also I have known my fiancé since high school! We have been together for 3yrs and already have a 1yr old girl and 2yr old boy (touchy feely one) but boy do we argue! We are arguing right now actually cause he woke up cold and I'm supposed to know where his bathrobe is?? Jesus. I have to go. Thank you so much for answering me. I really need advice for a lot of situations going on in my life right now. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who fights with their partner! :)
    Thanks again
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 08:27 PM

I have two sons and many nephews who I babysat and as soon as their little hand can find its way down there,that's it,they found pleasure zone. Distracting works until they are 11 or 12,then forget,they are hooked.

Its normal and funny,I have stories but my sons would disown me.
    They are 22 and 28 ,29 in a few weeks ,I should tell the stories on their my space page !

EDIT: I just did this to puff them,They got Punked :)
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 17, 2009, 09:34 PM

I'm not a mom or anything, but I remember being in kindergarten and seeing my classmates rub themselves against chairs and the carpet during nap time. And for whatever reason, I did it while watching Aladdin (don't judge me! XD).

Anyway, I think it's normal. Well, it better be, or I'm a freak and so was the whole kindergarten class! D:
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 10:02 PM

Lol how can I judge you. I used to do it watching the gummy bears when I was like 8. *blush*

Jul 17, 2009, 10:24 PM

Naughty, naughty Kool-Aid! ;)
    Vinj Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 10:33 PM

Well I learned to masturbate when I was 7 I think. Most probably your 2 year old son isn't masturbating... he's just finding his way to sleep.

Jul 17, 2009, 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinj View Post
    Well I learned to masturbate when I was 7 I think. Most probably your 2 year old son isn't masturbating...he's just finding his way to sleep.
    Yeah, I generally find my sleep between my legs, too.

I'm just teasing you. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When are you masturbating too much? [ 10 Answers ]

I have developed this obsession with masturbating. I think about it at least once every hour of the day. It doesn't even matter what I'm doing. About four times a day I'll pleasure myself, and I tend to do it in ten-thirty minute increments. I haven't let it disrupt any of my normal activities,...

3 yr old boy masturbating [ 32 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if any parents here have ever had to confront the issue of their young children masturbating. And if so, how did you handle it? Did you take steps to try to get them to masturbate less, or at least not in public and did it work? And are their things you can do to 'help' your...

View more questions Search