Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Jul 17, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Thinking things through.Too much.
    Well.. as the top says I think things through too much.. lol

Like.. if someone asked you ''why does the hot wax in lava lamps not stick together?''

Normal someone would say '' I don't know.. might be the liquid or something''

I thought it through.. the liquid is oil..

Yes this is good sometimes.. others it can be really bad..

Like yesterday.. Sazza asked Kuki if she wanted to go to her Big brothers BBQ, and Kuki at that time said yes. Kuki then told me that she was going and I thought it through..

Sazza's big brother is a ned, his friends are no better, they have no morals, they see a girl as nothing more that a sex object.

Sazza also said there would be alcohol there, so what went through my mind was that. Kuki would have a Drink and one of the older guys would have spiked it, raped her, and I would have ended up in prision for murder. So I told her not to go and I drummed this stuff into her head and perswaded her not to go.

Its not just that, its everything, I'm thinking about what would happen if I posted this right now.. but I know that ill get the best help I can get over the internet because I trust people on this site for this kind of thing.

Long story short... I Don't like thinking like this... is there anyway to change it?

Thanks for reading/Helping :)
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 06:05 PM

I have the same problem... the overthinking one.

However, there is nothing wrong with thinking all of the time. What YOU seem to be doing is seeing the worst in everything. Okay, someone COULD give her a date-rape drug, so, trust your friend NOT to drink everything she sees. I mean, although there are bad things in everything you can do, there are also good things, and you have to learn to weigh the pros and cons of each instead of just focusing on the negative.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 17, 2009, 06:13 PM

Try to think more positively without ignoring the real world. Sure, there's a lot of bad stuff that goes on in the world, but there's a lot of good stuff, too.

I can definitely understand why you would be worried about the welfare of your girlfriend, but also remember that becoming too paranoid and overprotective will eventually smother her and she'll grow distant.

No crime in worrying, but it doesn't do much, and sometimes it does the opposite of what you want it to do: instead of keeping people safe, you'll just drive them away. Also, worrying's not good for your health! :)
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Jul 18, 2009, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid13 View Post
    Try to think more positively without ignoring the real world. Sure, there's a lot of bad stuff that goes on in the world, but there's a lot of good stuff, too.

I can definitely understand why you would be worried about the welfare of your girlfriend, but also remember that becoming too paranoid and overprotective will eventually smother her and she'll grow distant.

No crime in worrying, but it doesn't do much, and sometimes it does the opposite of what you want it to do: instead of keeping people safe, you'll just drive them away. Also, worrying's not good for your health! :)
    Worrying is not good for me?

Explain... lol

I've been a worrier all my life really..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thinking about things before they happen [ 2 Answers ]

I just wondered if anyone else experiences these things. I often think about situations, for instance I imagined being at the traffic lights and seeing someone I knew, pulling over and talking to them, some weeks later this actually happened. I used to think it was just coincidence but these...

In high school Thinking about things to do After high school. [ 18 Answers ]

Im In Grade 11 and I don't know what I want too do when I get out of High school So I started looking into it and I want to do something that I would be passionate about Anyone know any good Websites or any Info for someone who Doesn't Know what too do yet with there life??

What is he thinking? [ 10 Answers ]

I have this guy friend who I have known for five years... we are best friends, share everything with each other (no secrets), enjoy each others company more than anything else... but we only really do stuff alone together... whenever I invite him out with my friends he says that he is too shy and...

View more questions Search